Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Don't forget Nate playing mostly against younger players. Kasper and Mazur playing against adults. I think we got special player in Danielson, but let's wait and see

Nate is bigger than Mazur and Kasper, and he looked better this preseason. We'll get to see all 3 in GR next season, I doubt any of them make the Wings roster.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nate is bigger than Mazur and Kasper, and he looked better this preseason. We'll get to see all 3 in GR next season, I doubt any of them make the Wings roster.

I honestly feel we are at the point where more than just Simon should be up. Rebuilding and not letting any kids play is honestly just frustrating if we aren't going to be a real playoff threat.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I honestly feel we are at the point where more than just Simon should be up. Rebuilding and not letting any kids play is honestly just frustrating if we aren't going to be a real playoff threat.

What I expect and what I want are 2 different things. This team is slow AF, adding kids would help fix that but the team needs a coach that can develop youngsters first. Besides, it's not like any of them are dominating in the AHL.

We'll just have to live with Burger and AlJo next season, if they don't get traded. Both would have to clear waivers, 100% certain Burger won't.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What I expect and what I want are 2 different things. This team is slow AF, adding kids would help fix that but the team needs a coach that can develop youngsters first. Besides, it's not like any of them are dominating in the AHL.

We'll just have to live with Burger and AlJo next season, if they don't get traded. Both would have to clear waivers, 100% certain Burger won't.

I agree, but I also think the over-ripening thing really hasn't done that well for us, especially with regards to recent years. Most players that are going to be really good spend little time in the AHL, so I think a few of them should just get a shot next year.

I don't think Lalonde gets replaced, but I honestly have not been a fan of him for a good bit now. He seems like a good assistant coach, but not someone that should run their own bench. He is too slow to change when things don't work, and his line combos are truly weird at times. I also think he wants boring defensive hockey at the expense of pushing for more offence. I know that is weird to say when defence is our weak spot right now, just the change in Seider's game since Lalonde came in, seems like he has tried to coach some of the good skill out of Mo. Mo gets rid of the puck immediately the past 2 seasons, especially this season, and in his rookie season, one of his best things was his calm with hanging on to the puck and making a skill play instead of a dump out or ring-around. I know some of his plays had risk to them, but it was also what made him rookie of the year. If it is on Lalonde or Boughner, than either or both need to go as far as I am concerned. Lalonde is the guy who wanted to make Kucherov less offensive to play better defence, which is crazy talk.

Last edited:

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I personally see Danielson making the Red Wings opening night and sticking. Of course, I probably pump the dude's tires the most around here :laugh: For good reason IMO, he's gonna fit in like a glove and be super reliable for us and I think he's pretty overlooked around the league and even here by some

Kasper I think is going to have a big offseason and suprise and make the Wings playing a mainly 3rd line LW role with possibly Danielson. Those two actually could form a legit "shutdown" rookie duo. However, I get if the team will be a little extra patient but we'll see

Spitballing this of course

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I personally see Danielson making the Red Wings opening night and sticking. Of course, I probably pump the dude's tires the most around here :laugh: For good reason IMO, he's gonna fit in like a glove and be super reliable for us and I think he's pretty overlooked around the league and even here by some

Kasper I think is going to have a big offseason and suprise and make the Wings playing a mainly 3rd line LW role with possibly Danielson. Those two actually could form a legit "shutdown" rookie duo. However, I get if the team will be a little extra patient but we'll see

Spitballing this of course

Even though i believe this to be quite overly optimistic. Let's hope we sign Kane to another two years so we can stick him with Kasper and Danielson for a new two kids and a goat line.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I agree, but I also think the over-ripening thing really hasn't done that well for us, especially with regards to recent years. Most players that are going to be really good spend little time in the AHL, so I think a few of them should just get a shot next year.

It's not about overripening, it's about development. Kasper and Mazur aren't even putting up Zadina numbers in the AHL. Nyquist was putting up more than 1 P/G in GR. They could probably play to the same offensive level as Joey, but that's not what we're looking for.

Burger is ready, and he'll be in the NHL somewhere next season.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Ready for what? To be the Mike Green Lite of forwards?

And just to keep things on topic, answer with a Nate Danielson accent. :D

Mike Green was a Norris runner up, Burger would be lucky to even have half the career he did.

He's more like Sprong lite. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he bounces around the league in similar fashion. He may not be an impact NHL player, but he's shown he can score in the AHL and he has to go through waivers next season.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
You can see Danielson is very good skater with high hockey IQ, but sometimes is off and I don't understand what. He should be dominant player and he is not.

Oct 18, 2006
You can see Danielson is very good skater with high hockey IQ, but sometimes is off and I don't understand what. He should be dominant player and he is not.
Could it just be that he’s young and still developing? Some nights in pre-season he looked amazing and other nights not so much. Consistency will come with time.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Maybe he just does his defence. And is not ALL-OFFENCE tool like the false expectations for a high pick always are.
I think part of it is this, but from what I saw in preseason I think he thinks the game at a very pro level.

His game strikes me as the type that if he was playing in a mans league like the SEL or even the NCAA, he'd look like more like a top end performer.

His game both offensively and defensively just isn't the type of game that pops in a junior league. Being on a better team now has certainly helped his numbers, but his is not an offensively flashy game.

I'm 50/50 on him making the Wings next year. If he has another pre-season like this past one, its going to be very hard to justify him being sent down. To make the roster improvements this team needs to make, we are going to need some league min type players.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Maybe he just does his defence. And is not ALL-OFFENCE tool like the false expectations for a high pick always are.
I think it’s fair to say that for someone of his age, athletic ability, and talent that he does not assert his will on games as often as you’d like for a top 10 pick.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
I think part of it is this, but from what I saw in preseason I think he thinks the game at a very pro level.

His game strikes me as the type that if he was playing in a mans league like the SEL or even the NCAA, he'd look like more like a top end performer.

His game both offensively and defensively just isn't the type of game that pops in a junior league. Being on a better team now has certainly helped his numbers, but his is not an offensively flashy game.

I'm 50/50 on him making the Wings next year. If he has another pre-season like this past one, its going to be very hard to justify him being sent down. To make the roster improvements this team needs to make, we are going to need some league min type players.

I keep asking, is it possible for a young player to be better suited for the pros, and not for juniors. It sounds silly to even type this... But being in position in the NHL, would take you out of position for the CHL, etc.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Maybe he is not just playing to runup his numbers? The games he is off, is his team in control of the scoreboard and he can simply manage the game as a shut down person? I don't the WHL games on TV here so I don't get to see him in action, but Howe was like that, he would get a goal and and assist in a 2-1 game and be dominate, but if the score was 4-1 for the wings, he often did not get a point if they got an early lead, but he was very responsible on D those games.

Not saying Nate can be compared to Howe! But asking if they share this sort of trait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad