Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Danielson does not have a "me first" bone in his body. He is completely "we first". No trying to do more than he should or is capable of. No selfish retaliatory penalties. No cheating up ice for a scoring chance. He'll make the NHL next season because he has all the necessary physical attributes and will constantly make himself useful to whoever he plays with and for whatever the coach wants from him.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
You can see Danielson is very good skater with high hockey IQ, but sometimes is off and I don't understand what. He should be dominant player and he is not.

Are you saying this because you watch the games or because he "only" has 5 points in 3 playoff games after going pointless last night?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Are you saying this because you watch the games or because he "only" has 5 points in 3 playoff games after going pointless last night?
End of the game about 15 minutes. He was trying, but looks like was tired, some bad passes, loosing physically

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Looking forward to seeing Nate play in Victoria tonight against the Royals. I expect Portland will go up 3-0 after tonight.
Portland won 6-5 against Victoria. Nate was not a factor in the game no points but I can see why the Wings are high on him. Great skater and plays a solid two way game which you don't see at the junior level. He uses his reach to his advantage. He was 11-21 at the faceoff dot and they would use him sometimes only for defensive zone faceoffs during a penalty kill. I was really impressed with James Stefan with Portland who had a hat trick and is drafted by Edmonton. His father is Patrik Stefan who played with the Atlanta Thrashers and coached the Detroit Jr Red Wings back in 2015-2016 and 2017-2018.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I think he has the potential to be a 1C.
I think he's going to end up a very capable 2c who tilts the ice in his favor. Honestly, since coming to Portland his play is reminding me more and more of Larkin.

His goal scoring has mostly remained the same (since he gets a lot of his goals off the rush and off of his skating in the offensive zone) but his playmaking is really beginning to shine with better players. I hope he can continue to improve his defensive zone exits and offensive zone entries because other than Larkin we don't have anyone capable of backing up opposing forecheckers and defensemen in the middle of the ice. If Danielson hits even close to his ceiling it will completely change this team.

I think Kasper ends up a winger but having him and Danielson on the same line is going to be frustrating as hell for the opposition.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
We need one more offensive winger and then the offense looks good if Danielson can be Larkin 2.0 with less speed but better playmaking ability. I hope we draft a forward like Greentree/Chernysov/ Connelly, or maybe Buch continues to surpass expectations. Maybe Eiserman falls to us.

Buchelnikov-Larkin-Raymond
DBC-Danielson-Eiserman
Mazur-Kasper-Ras

That’s enough for a cup winning top 9 if you have guys like Seider, Ed, ASP, etc on the back end.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
Now at 11p in 6 games. Portland is likely going to sweep their first two series.

They have won six straight games to start the playoffs, with 33 GF and 13GA. Danielson has figured in 33% of their offense and is +7.
Yeah, that sounds pretty good for a 4th line center. Oh, wait the detractors meant guaranteed 3rd line center. So maybe we'll see. Perhaps.?

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Yeah, that sounds pretty good for a 4th line center. Oh, wait the detractors meant guaranteed 3rd line center. So maybe we'll see. Perhaps.?
Guaranteed third line center isn't a bad get at 9OA, but I'd be disappointed if that's what he becomes.

IMO if he had started out playing for Portland he would've been a consensus top five pick in that draft. When he plays with guys who have the fundamental skills to keep up with him he really shines. To be a "play driver" you need guys who can keep up with the plays you are driving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad