Player Discussion 9MM Appreciation Thread

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
All the best to Milo!

Always appreciated his hard work and two way game.

Even when his career trajectory guided him to no longer being a top-six forward, he remained a reliable bottom six forward who can chip in and provide good two way play.

Peace out.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
I admit to never being much of a fan of his but he certainly showed a lot of class for agreeing to the trade. Lots of guys would have said no, especially to a team that is lower in the standings.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Gonna miss Michalek.

Was a pretty good top six guy for a while, but unfortunately injuries caused his play to decline. Still a useful bottom six guy though and I hope he has some success in Toronto.

Thanks for the memories Milo! :handclap:

MisterMethos

Jun 21, 2014
Everywhere and Nowhere
Always was a fan of his. Loved to see that even when he was not putting up the offensive production he was still visible on the ice doing the small things and giving 100%. That's what sets him apart from other players who just float around waiting (like some we have had in the past).

All the best, Milo...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Milan, you seem like one of the nicest, professional, classiest guys around.
I hope you can be happy in TO.
I really feel bad for this guy. I hope it works out. I mean I felt bad for the guy when he was traded from San Jose and now this.
Maybe he can be flipped somewhere decent.
(Simpson saying the same thing on 1200 now :laugh:)
Oh but it's not funny. All the best milo and thank you.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Milan, you seem like one of the nicest, professional, classiest guys around.
I hope you can be happy in TO.
I really feel bad for this guy. I hope it works out. I mean I felt bad for the guy when he was traded from San Jose and now this.
Maybe he can be flipped somewhere decent.
(Simpson saying the same thing on 1200 now :laugh:)
Oh but it's not funny. All the best milo and thank you.

Trade doesn't happen if he doesn't wave his no trade clause, very classy move. :handclap:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
This is the only player I'll miss.

Almost hope that he doesn't play any more games this season, don't want to see him in a Maple Leaf jersey...:cry:

Othello*

Seems like a nice guy but wasn't a good hockey player.

Good luck!

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
I liked Milo. Not super upset but he was clutch on the odd occasion and was likeable.

The only player in the trade I'll miss

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Is contract end at thé end of the year?

What about offering him a new contract lol. 2y/ 2mil. Don't know if Toronto will offer him something. Maybe he will want to come back.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The fact that this guy agreed to the trade to make it happen makes me view him in a whole new light.

Thank you, Milo. You're ten times the guy Spezza is.

He coulda said no but agreed to the deal anyway. Amazing.

Othello*

He has another year left, and no we shouldn't offer him anything.

Rejoice that he's gone!

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Good player, classy guy. I trust Babcock to use him well and give him the respect he deserves. I can see him bridging the gap for a couple of seasons until some of younger guys are ready to step up.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Still one of my favourites but on the down side of his career.
Karlsson was certainly upset to see him go.
Wish him all the best.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
We are going to miss him, big time. A jack of all trades who can fill in anywhere without hurting the team. That is huge for a young club.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He was asked to waive, Murray said he was pretty pissed at the notion of playing for Toronto after being with Ottawa for the last seven years.

He still waived...

What a guy! You will be missed Milan, all the best.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Man, I've been thinking about it and I'm going to miss Milo. He was a good player for us and always gave it his all. I hope he gets traded and wins a cup, or maybe we can sign him in two years from now and he can win his cup with us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad