OT: 97th Obsequious Banter Thread: The No Choking Zone (Adventure, post 159)

A great decision lays before us. What do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Once again, the BALLS of the Ukrainian people

Reminiscent of Prague 68 or Tiananmen Square 89

upload_2022-2-27_9-17-44.png

64a96231-527c-41c9-ab2a-256860deb28b_w408_r1_s.jpg

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Wait a minute. How do you mine for literally imaginary gold? What the f*** is happening right now?
It's not mining for Bitcoin. It's mining for unique descriptive (and non-invertible) algorithms

Crypto mining is basically organizing a bunch of unique legitimate transactions into unique groups. No specific transaction is allowed to be included in more than 1 group. Once you make your unique group, you have to give it a unique name. The name is literally just an algorithm (aka a mathematical equation) that describes all the transactions in the group.

Miners have to
1. Check the transactions are unique
2. Check the transactions are legitimate
3. Check the transactions haven't been grouped yet
4. Organize those transactions into a group
5. Brute force an algorithm that describes the group
6. Check the algorithm is unique

If all of this is successful, you are rewarded some amount (or some fraction of) a Bitcoin. It takes a lot of calculations and is confusing not only to man but also machine. Naturally miners maximize their efforts by using multiple machines. So lots of mining = lots of computers = lots of (nonrenewable) energy consumption

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's not mining for Bitcoin. It's mining for unique descriptive (and non-invertible) algorithms

Crypto mining is basically organizing a bunch of unique legitimate transactions into unique groups. No specific transaction is allowed to be included in more than 1 group. Once you make your unique group, you have to give it a unique name. The name is literally just an algorithm (aka a mathematical equation) that describes all the transactions in the group.

Miners have to
1. Check the transactions are unique
2. Check the transactions are legitimate
3. Check the transactions haven't been grouped yet
4. Organize those transactions into a group
5. Brute force an algorithm that describes the group
6. Check the algorithm is unique

If all of this is successful, you are rewarded some amount (or some fraction of) a Bitcoin. It takes a lot of calculations and is confusing not only to man but also machine. Naturally miners maximize their efforts by using multiple machines. So lots of mining = lots of computers = lots of (nonrenewable) energy consumption

I was not being serious.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

Ukraine dude picks up a mine off the road and moves it by hand. I swear cigarettes in the mouth must be like +20% stats to Ukrainians.

That looks like an anti tank mine. You can jump on those and they don’t go off. Need lots of weight. Could be wrong tho.

Reactions: Flybynite
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad