OT: 97th Obsequious Banter Thread: The No Choking Zone (Adventure, post 159)

A great decision lays before us. What do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Potentially enormous news. We'll see what comes out about this in the next few days.

EDIT: Or it could be a PR stunt until the heat is off.

He still owns the club so I’m not sure how much difference it really makes.

I want to preface this by saying I am in no means defending Abramovichs continued ownership of the club whilst his association with Putin exists.

From what I've read, he has approximately 2 billion euros in a sanction insurance policy, so he personally will be fine. The club is also a bug enough brand that it will attract a decent owner in thay situation, as well.

That said, who knows what really happens long term here. He hasn't been able to attend an actual game at Stamford Bridge in like 3 years now, so not being able to see the team isn't as big a concern. He's been to every international game he can make it to, but even that selection will get smaller as this unfolds.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Sell now, live in a tent for a year until the inevitable market crash, profit.

Even better, sell now and live in your 2nd home that is gaining even more money in value than the 1st one and then buy another house when the market crashes.

Oh how the rich get richer, amiright?

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Financial Director of the state controlled gas company GAZPROM the largest natural gas company in the world and the largest company in all of Russia.

I guess shortly after informing Putin of the expected financial impact of the sanctions this guy musta jump out of his window twice and closed it on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad