OT: 97th Obsequious Banter Thread: The No Choking Zone (Adventure, post 159)

A great decision lays before us. What do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I know that photo was making the rounds today. Just trying to help combat disinformation where I can.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if there are questions about any of these things. I know tons of skilled tech people eager to spend their time helping in even tiny ways like this.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I think most people are that way. Hell, I am too. I just spent years looking to get away from the boardwalk and had refined what I actually wanted to the point where if it fit my criteria and it was affordable, there was no more thinking.

Have any of your friends had bad experiences trying to get out of an agreement recently? I don't know anyone that's tried for a few years now, but that always makes me wonder what kind of conditions get put on offers now.

None of them have even gotten past the window shopping aspect of it to this point. A lot of them have uncertainty of where their job will actually place them over the next couple years and the ones that are actually serious have their weddings this year.

Regarding getting out of agreements the ol’ Inspection Contingency was always the way out in the event I got second thoughts during the process. Always left the even if it’s the smallest thing that comes up that at least I thought would get me out of the agreement. Maybe I was naive there but it never got to that point for me.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I feel that would defeat the purpose.
From my understanding, ork magic works because the orks believe it does. If they believe painting the inside would still make it go faster, to me it sounds like it would work still.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Besides my dog I don’t really post personal stuff but my lady is Ukrainian. She has been in a few posts but nothing obvious. Just need to rant because in my local bar a guy had the audacity to tell me that Russia wasn’t on the border and not invading. This guy is a know it all about nothing. Can go on for hours about magic cards and other fantasy shit, no offense to people that like it.

this mother f***er on his pompous know it all tone told me he has friends in Ukraine and all around Europe and that everything we are watching is just western propaganda and Russia didn’t invade.
My girls mother’s family is back there with bombs going off and her family joining the military.
It took everything I had not to take him outside and give him the hammer.
Sorry but I wanted to rant. This shit is real and hits home .

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
In regards to the house talk...

I already know pretty much the exact house I want... aha. (albeit the lack of lack is less than ideal, but easy to rectify with some cash and a nearby farmer aha.)

If I had the money I would buy it today. But probably have to wait five years. (as I have no intention of ever having a big mortgage. If I cant put down 50%+ on a house I would never buy it.)

And tbh given where it is it might still be on the market in five years lmao. (half joking, but literally no jobs there and not "as" desirable as the area of Portugal like 30 miles south, and not that many people or houses... and most young people move to bigger cities... so houses stay up on market for a while.)

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Besides my dog I don’t really post personal stuff but my lady is Ukrainian. She has been in a few posts but nothing obvious. Just need to rant because in my local bar a guy had the audacity to tell me that Russia wasn’t on the border and not invading. This guy is a know it all about nothing. Can go on for hours about magic cards and other fantasy shit, no offense to people that like it.

this mother f***er on his pompous know it all tone told me he has friends in Ukraine and all around Europe and that everything we are watching is just western propaganda and Russia didn’t invade.
My girls mother’s family is back there with bombs going off and her family joining the military.
It took everything I had not to take him outside and give him the hammer.
Sorry but I wanted to rant. This shit is real and hits home .
You should've headbutted that guy's face through the back of his head.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Not in the use them on Belarus, but move them into Belarus likely portable launchers.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad