GDT: 9 Mar 2013 - Wild @ Nashy - 7:00

Wildfan10*

Pred fans are blaming it on the refs. The refs were terrible for us.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
So what? If Hackett gets hurt, we only have Backs. That's a risk taken every game.
Backs is better and is coming off of a W. He should get the start.

Backstrom is more likely to get hurt playing back to backs with little rest time plus travel. Hackett wouldn't have that problem.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I'm hoping Hacket goes actually. I feel like he steps up in these situations. I also feel a goalie with more mobility like Hacket fares better against the Canucks.

I have nightmares of the Sedins picking us apart on the PP and finding a wide open man for a tap in backdoor goal.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Backstrom is more likely to get hurt playing back to backs with little rest time plus travel. Hackett wouldn't have that problem.
Nashville isn't in South America. He will be home and in bed probably the same time he would have been if they were playing at the X.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

My god he is a professional athlete he can play 2 games in a row, If Suter can play 30 minutes a night Backstrom can play a back to back

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Was it me or did it seem the Predators players feed of their crowds negativity and goon it up a little extra for this game? I don't remember the two games at the X being nearly as confrontational as this one was.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Was it me or did it seem the Predators players feed of their crowds negativity and goon it up a little extra for this game? I don't remember the two games at the X being nearly as confrontational as this one was.

It wasn't just you, the players were certainly into the booing and you could just tell they were open for confrontations and such. I felt bad energy with most Preds players tonight.

I felt sorry for Suter. I just think he's too good of a guy to have to take that stupid crap that was dealt up. Oh well, it's over now, he assisted, and we won! Good outcome all around.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
RE: Backstrom or Hackett tomorrow

We’re getting Yeo at 5 p.m. Sunday, so I’m not certain I’ll know if Backstrom gets the nod vs. the Canucks or if Matt Hackett starts. Remember, the Wild gets in late and lose an hour with daylight savings. With so many key games coming up, the Wild may choose to rest him.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
My gosh....the explanations for not having a Suter tribute in one of the threads on the main board is comical. You wouldn't be so upset if Suter wasn't important to the team and played a role in the community.

At the end of the day, their fans got to boo. Hope they feel better. Suter and crew got 2 points. They win.

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Predator fans after the game:
83130234.gif

Wild fans after the game:
83130272.gif

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Caught everything from the trapezoid violation on. Only the second time I can remember that penalty being called.

So were Nashville fans saying Soo-ter? I was saying Soo-ter.

Zaktar

Jul 30, 2012
Montana
Good game, didn't get to watch it 'till well after it was finished. Not terribly offensively engaging, but still exciting I thought. I always get a kick out of teams booing the players on this team (it feels like progress to me, going from "who cares about them" to "I hate those guys!(or guy in this case)"). I hope Hackett gets the start tomorrow, just so that he knows that this is his beginning of his 2013 trial period. Mostly I'm excited to see his play in the NHL this year after how he performed last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad