PGT: 9/27 - Canada 3 Europe 1 F - Canada leads series 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Unlike majority, I thought it was a very competitive match and much better than most of the tournament. Europe outplayed Canada in the second period, and while Canada scored two goals in the first, there were great chances at both ends. Third period was a typical Canada period. They had the puck for most of the time.

Overall though, of course, it doesn't have even close to an Olympics feel like the NHL intended.

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
How was this game? I missed it. The NHL pre-season is more interesting to me, just wondering if I'm missing out, although I doubt it. Was there any reason they had the tournament overlap with the NHL season? Seems...kinda stupid lol.

Canada played a very sloppy game, numerous unforced turnovers as well as many defenceman being caught up ice without support. Yet they still managed to win.

babylonzoo

Mar 8, 2010
Is giroux injured or why isn't he playing?
Him and Sid played well together during the 2015 world championship

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Is giroux injured or why isn't he playing?
Him and Sid played well together during the 2015 world championship

Perry and O'Reilly came in and out performed him and the team has looked better with him in the pressbox then on the ice.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why isn't this page called "World Cup of Hockey" anymore? Took me some time to find it.

Should probably keep it as the World Cup page for now since the tournament is still ongoing. Even though the person who changed it likely has no interest in tonight's game, a lot of other people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad