Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

tr4Qf3z.jpg

Last edited:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Overall, kind of a yawner. It looks like they are trying not to win the most hideous trophy in sport.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Exciting game

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Pretty good game. Price had to make some really good saves, nice to see him finally be tested a bit, and he was up to the task. Glad Europe was able to make a game of it and not just be dominated for 60 mins like the rest of Canada's games.

Not expecting much different next game though. Best of 3 final...bleh. Olympics are single game elimination, there is nothing that special going on here where you have to be 92.5% sure the best team of the 2 won in the final with an extended series. Stamkos could have scored the World Cup winning goal if it just ended tonight. Would have been a nice story.

Last edited:

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
Obviously Crosby stands out above the rest. Glad to see Stamkos finally score. On the other hand Canada was very sloppy with a lot of unforced turnovers and too many defencemen getting caught up ice. They will play better on Thursday.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Right now Canada is too dominant to make this exciting no matter who they would've faced.

No other team has this many great players. Purely on talent i think the US is second best but they're run by morons .

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
that was quite a game. could easily have been much different game if canada's d (including goaltender) wasn't as good

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Right now Canada is too dominant to make this exciting no matter who they would've faced.

No other team has this many great players. Purely on talent i think the US is second best but they're run by morons .

Would have been more exciting if it was the USA or Russia. Fans have a past with those countries, some built up hate or anxiety. Europe means nothing to the average fan to get excited by, especially this game. The coaching staff are all defensive, veteran first guys, no gambling.

USA picked a team to beat Canada and went with a certain style. If it worked we would be calling them smart. Win some, lose some but Morons do not get that kind of choice. I think a better coach was needed.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Oh man people were arguing about if McDavid was going to be better than Crosby this season :laugh:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Who would've thought that Canada would be a one-line team? :sarcasm:

At least the game was close. That's all that I asked for.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
Oh man people were arguing about if McDavid was going to be better than Crosby this season :laugh:

Nowhere near a fair or valid comparison, but dear lord would I love to see McDavid spend three weeks playing with Marchand and Bergeron.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Nowhere near a fair or valid comparison, but dear lord would I love to see McDavid spend three weeks playing with Marchand and Bergeron.

His style doesn't exactly fit theirs. And when did Marchand become a desired linemate? Oh since Crosby started playing with him.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sloppy game for Canada. Easily their worst effort of the entire tournament.

Another outstanding game from the top line. Makes me a bit sad to think what Crosby's going back to in Pittsburgh after seeing him with such chemistry next to Marchand and Bergeron.

illpucks

May 26, 2011

North America would have won this tournament. But Matt Murray broke his hand and let up 4 goals on 4 shots. And coach was stupid. If a goalie gives up 3 goals on 3 shots that's a pull. But the 4th goal was the dagger.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
North America would have won this tournament. But Matt Murray broke his hand and let up 4 goals on 4 shots. And coach was stupid. If a goalie gives up 3 goals on 3 shots that's a pull. But the 4th goal was the dagger.

You've said this in like 5 different threads now lol.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Game was close but I wasn't very invested and was switching back and forth between the game and the Jays game. Was starting to nod off I had to switch the channels to not pass out. Hopefully game two is more exciting, if not, oh well, it'll be over.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Game was close but I wasn't very invested and was switching back and forth between the game and the Jays game. Was starting to nod off I had to switch the channels to not pass out. Hopefully game two is more exciting, if not, oh well, it'll be over.

You know, for all the years I have heard of baseball being an absolute bore, it is weird to hear someone switching hockey to baseball to avoid falling asleep. :laugh:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You know, for all the years I have heard of baseball being an absolute bore, it is weird to hear someone switching hockey to baseball to avoid falling asleep. :laugh:

Last week or so until playoffs start, so all games are crazily important and intense or a tournament that half the world (probably being generous) doesn't even care about? I'm more invested in the Jays then this Canadian team, even though I want Canada to win.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Last week or so until playoffs start, so all games are crazily important and intense or a tournament that half the world (probably being generous) doesn't even care about? I'm more invested in the Jays then this Canadian team, even though I want Canada to win.

Yeah same here. If they do decide to replace the Olympics with this, it has to be during the season, while everyone is in full season (not pre-season) form. Then, it would be a lot more intense, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad