PGT: 9/20 - Finland vs. Sweden - Sweden 2 Finland 0 FINAL

Sniperr

Feb 13, 2015
If we can beat Russia and Finland we can beat USA or Canada.

We adjust our way of playing depending on the opponents we are facing since we have tactical skills.

Our team consist of proven NHL professionals. No single doubt we will play more physical vs USA or Canada.

Yeah... no... Canada is far above both these teams especially on defence.

Not saying Sweden can't beat them, of course they can but that's not proving anything.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Laine was pretty unimpressive in such a huge game for Finland, especially in the last couple minutes. Too much pressure for such a young guy, just wasn't ready it seems.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Probably would be ending up hurting Team NA instead of Sweden. Not to mention losing on purpose is lame. Lose gracefully.

Plus I personally hope Team NA advances so I wouldn't want to hurt their chances.

If NA beats Sweden in regulation then it would hurt Sweden, otherwise it would hurt NA. Luckily the NA/Sweden game is tomorrow so Finland would already know who're they're screwing over by losing ahead of time :laugh:

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Laine was pretty unimpressive in such a huge game for Finland, especially in the last couple minutes. Too much pressure for such a young guy, just wasn't ready it seems.

Mmm here come the leafs fans to bash specifically on Laine when the entire team struggled to score.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Finland losing on purpose to annoy Sweden/NA23 really shows how bad this format is. You can win 2 out of 3 games and still be knocked out.

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
Mmm here come the leafs fans to bash specifically on Laine when the entire team struggled to score.

Laine was the guy they kept trying to get the puck to. Kept feeding him the puck in the last couple minutes, he messed it up every time.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Laine was the guy they kept trying to get the puck to. Kept feeding him the puck in the last couple minutes, he messed it up every time.

You are taking it on Laine that the coach put him on the ice and players kept feeding him? If anything that tells how good he is. :popcorn:
It's not like we had entire game to score 1 goal and many opportunities but sure.
I'm not entirely sure why you are going after him and sorry for Leafs fan base.

Oh and I thought he had a good game. :/

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
You are taking it on Laine that the coach put him on the ice and players kept feeding him? If anything that tells how good he is. :popcorn:
It's not like we had entire game to score 1 goal and many opportunities but sure.
I'm not entirely sure why you are going after him and sorry for Leafs fan base.

Oh and I thought he had a good game. :/

Not his fault he was put in that position, it is his fault he whiffed on the puck twice.

Typical excuses for Laine though. :rolleyes:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Ill probably get some flack over this but I would rather have Swedens defense over Canada, and this is even if Canada had Keith in the lineup.

It seems like the perfect combination of skill and size.

OEL
Hedman
Ekholm
Karlsson
Stralman
Hjalmarsson

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Not his fault he was put in that position, it is his fault he whiffed on the puck twice.

[mod] Did Matthews not whiff on a couple glorious scoring chances?

Last edited by a moderator:

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere

Yes its pretty amazing that everybody was trying to pass for him .
To an 18year guy who is youngest player of the tournament.
Nhl veterans relay on a boy who has played couple of games in a small rink and not single one in the NHL.

That's pretty remarkable, unless they are all total idiots.

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
[mod] Did Matthews not whiff on a couple glorious scoring chances?

[mod] Good grief, can't even say anything bad about the golden boy. :rolleyes:

"But the Leafs", "But Matthews", give it a rest people, the Leafs and Matthews have absolutely nothing to do with this game and how poorly Laine performed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland

:popcorn: He wasn't the only one that whiffed in the game even if the one he did later where he had open net was crucial (not counting the one where stick broke). Granlund, Aho, Koivu and Barkov also whiffed in the game but ain't seeing you going after them. And for the best excuse 2016: Give him a break, he is 18 and playing in 2nd/3rd worst team in the pre-sesason tournament.

JayGould

Sep 17, 2016
can't believe how boring swedish hockey is, lucky escape two times in row. they gonna lose semis or, in the worst case for hockey popularity around the world finals. i was rooting for finns so bad when i was watching with one eye :))

Remind me again, when are Latvia playing?

TheFeistyFinn

Dec 31, 2011

i think Laine was one of our better forwards this game. except for the last few minutes. i liked what he was showing. he took few amazing shots but Hank was better. he made karlsson look like mcdonagh aswell. can't complain when whole team was pure carbage and he did his part :) no 18 year old could carry this piece of crap team to top4 :p

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I see the US strategy...

When you gain control in the Canadian end, 3 guys crash the net and the puck controller just lofts it in there... :popcorn:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
i think Laine was one of our better forwards this game. except for the last few minutes. i liked what he was showing. he took few amazing shots but Hank was better. he made karlsson look like mcdonagh aswell. can't complain when whole team was pure carbage and he did his part :) no 18 year old could carry this piece of crap team to top4 :p

I thought your team did extremely well for a very young team...

Good move by Finlands group to start the next generation...

Next WC you guys should be very good. :nod:

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Team effort. Tactics. Lundqvist is the best goalie. Swedes win. But they were too cool about having best goalie in the net. It was close. Though swedes had a couple of posts. Swedes only put in the higher gear to score one goal then back to chillout mode. All because two games in24 hrs

ijuka

May 14, 2016
So we Finns now have to cheer for Sweden to absolutely decimate Team NA?

Boy, that'll be weird.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So we Finns now have to cheer for Sweden to absolutely decimate Team NA?

Boy, that'll be weird.

Don't do it.

raw

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Don't do it.

raw

But I believe that's the only way we can still go to semis, if Sweden destroys NA and then we beat Russia badly enough to advance via goal differential? In which case it'd be best if Sweden beats Team NA by like 10-0.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

He probably knows that Laine is a huge talent that is a noticeable player at 18 against the world's best. I think we all recognize what his schtick is really about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad