Prospect Info: 8th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah a guy in late 20's with questionable future is so much more important then a young goalie years from NHL

So your saying Stanley threw away a draft pick on a player he never planned to actually be part of organization?

Organization needs a G for longterm to replace Crawford not a G for short term to replace Darling

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Yeah a guy in late 20's with questionable future is so much more important then a young goalie years from NHL

So your saying Stanley threw away a draft pick on a player he never planned to actually be part of organization?

Organization needs a G for longterm to replace Crawford not a G for short term to replace Darling

I don't think we need to get in to ripping Stan for 6th round picks not working out.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Do not International (non-NA) drafted juniors get 4 years under the new CBA to retain rights if they stayed playing outside NA ? SO I do not think Nalimov goes back into the draft this summer...he stayed in Russia...Hawks have 2 more years to sign him depending on his development.AmI not correct on this rule from the current CBA?

Last edited:

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I wonder what percentage of 6th round picks play one game or more in the NHL.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Do not International (non-NA) drafted juniors get 4 years under the new CBA to retain rights if they stayed playing outside NA ? SO I do not think Nalimov goes back into the draft this summer...he stayed in Russia...Hawks have 2 more years to sign him depending on his development.AmI not correct on this rule from the current CBA?

No, it changed for the last CBA.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Does it really matter how old the goalie is? It's not like he's retiring in the next year or two, and we have Crawford for quite a bit longer.

And no, not signing a 6th round pick is not throwing a pick away. It's a hail mary pick as it is, and it's not working out. But I am sure if they signed him you would say "what a waste of a roster spot"

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
No, it changed for the last CBA.

It changed, but I'm not sure if that applies to the leagues without the transfer agreement (KHL), it would be kind of logical if those cases were treated differently. For example, Sharks drafted overager Emil Galimov in 2013 (under new CBA) and he is still on Sharks' prospect list, while by the CBA his rights should've expired already last summer. Nalimov is the same case, so I don't know if his rights are gone or not, I guess we will have to wait couple of years to find out how the new CBA behaves in those kind of situations.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I wonder what percentage of 6th round picks play one game or more in the NHL.

I don't know about 1 game but to play 100 NHL games is about 10%. It would stand to reason one NHL game would be considerably higher than that but still, small percentage in the grand scheme of things. Essentially, three to four players taken in the 6th round per draft will play 100 NHL games; not very many at all.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I don't know about 1 game but to play 100 NHL games is about 10%. It would stand to reason one NHL game would be considerably higher than that but still, small percentage in the grand scheme of things. Essentially, three to four players taken in the 6th round per draft will play 100 NHL games; not very many at all.

Do you have any stats to back up that 10% number ?

I would bet that is off. It has to be lower than 10%

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
About Nalimov situation: NHL rights for unsigned players drafted out of leagues without the transfer agreement (KHL) can be held indefinitely, in that case team should just exercise the option to deem the player as "defected player" (see case of Merzlikins and CBJ).

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
10% is pretty low if you ask me. 30 players get drafted and only three play 100 NHL games out of those 30. Not very many.

I got that number from an article that did a study on it. Sounded about right to me.

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
10% is pretty low if you ask me. 30 players get drafted and only three play 100 NHL games out of those 30. Not very many.

I got that number from an article that did a study on it. Sounded about right to me.

I sometimes find it funny to see the thresholds people use to call a player a successful draft pick. 1 game is BS but I think even 100 games is not that impressive. So much of the league is replacement level that I only really care about finding IMPACT players (aka top 6F in terms of TOI, top 4D in terms of TOI, top G). I'd be interested to see how many of those players come from each round much more than simple GP.

Some guy named Josh Manson has 99 NHL GP and was drafted in 2011. Never heard of him, who cares.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I sometimes find it funny to see the thresholds people use to call a player a successful draft pick. 1 game is BS but I think even 100 games is not that impressive. So much of the league is replacement level that I only really care about finding IMPACT players (aka top 6F in terms of TOI, top 4D in terms of TOI, top G). I'd be interested to see how many of those players come from each round much more than simple GP.

Some guy named Josh Manson has 99 NHL GP and was drafted in 2011. Never heard of him, who cares.

I wasn't insinuating 100 games meant it was a successful pick. It was the arbitrary number used in that study is all.

Agree with your point, but Manson's not the best example to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan