Prospect Info: 8th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
It's pretty pathetic that Courtney's the only one that ever opens her mouth here with any actual Rockford impressions when she hasn't even been a season ticket holder until now.

I'd bet money some of you have been Icehogs ticket holders for a while now. Why none of you can provide half the insight she does is mind boggling.

Also, enjoy Courts. Hopefully the organization will repay you buy resigning Leighton.
Last season I did a lot of RFD watching and posting because the team was much more interesting with Teuvo, young Danault, McNeill, young Hartman, young Pokka. Plus I had *************. ************* got shutdown and the only way to watch is through tthe AHL which has ridic prices. Tack that on to a really unfun team prospect wise (Hino is the only fun player to track) and I've been out.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Last season I did a lot of RFD watching and posting because the team was much more interesting with Teuvo, young Danault, McNeill, young Hartman, young Pokka. Plus I had *************. ************* got shutdown and the only way to watch is through tthe AHL which has ridic prices. Tack that on to a really unfun team prospect wise (Hino is the only fun player to track) and I've been out.

You have been one of the better ones at reporting on prospects. Like I said, I'm dissapointed (not all that much) by those who have season tickets and go to the majority of Rockford's home games, yet cant chime in on our prospects (speak up people!).

Those who try to give impressions from a simple internet stream (like you have done in the past) is a tremendous help to fans like myself.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
It's pretty pathetic that Courtney's the only one that ever opens her mouth here with any actual Rockford impressions when she hasn't even been a season ticket holder until now.

Why say that when you've only been here not even 2 years? I don't follow them as much as in the past when I was watching and drinking up with a couple of the trench guys (Morin, Stanton, Pirri, etc. miss those guys) but I did post quite a bit with what I saw a couple of years back. I only see about 5-7 games a year now since I moved, but I do post what I see about it. Same with Taze em, Blue Liner, etc.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why say that when you've only been here not even 2 years? I don't follow them as much as in the past when I was watching and drinking up with a couple of the trench guys (Morin, Stanton, Pirri, etc. miss those guys) but I did post quite a bit with what I saw a couple of years back. I only see about 5-7 games a year now since I moved, but I do post what I see about it. Same with Taze em, Blue Liner, etc.

Courtney is probably the most knowledgable Icehogs poster here. And that's with her having not been a season ticket holder.

I was trying to make a point that it'd be nice if others who see the team for 30-40ish games a year could chime in a bit more. And I was being somewhat sarcastic when I wrote it (though that's sometimes hard to tell through text).

I have a huge level of respect for anyone who wastes their time giving out impressions of our prospects (again, especially those who don't catch many games).

Just would be awesome if we could hear more individual opinions on those guys/gals who see multiple Hogs games per week.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
What makes you so sure that there's some big IceHog season ticket holding base on this board?

I'm not sure, I was just over exaggerating a bit while trying to say that what Courtney has done is fantastic considering she wasn't even a ticket holder yet. And just trying to give a hard time to those who may have had season tickets for a couple years now.

Admittedly I could have chosen better wording. A sense of humor is hard to portray with an emoticon. And I typed that on mobile where you can't easily stick an emoticon on a post (or at least I can't).

But seriously you guys, I love the prospect reports that posters like Courtney and AmericanDream frequently give. So if you've seen enough of our prospects to add something worthwhile to this thread, please do. Love to have more opinions on our guys.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Tyler Motte gives team USA a 3-2 lead against Canada in the Worlds semi-final. US is on a 3-0 run in the 2nd period and are really controlling play.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013

Motte has played a big role on the team, seems like he has earned a lot of trust with the coaching staff for his defensive game.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Unfortunately, USA lost against Canada. They will still play against Russia for Bronze.

Some positive news though. I came up with an awesome nickname for Motte while watching the game today. He'll be forever known as Mottezzarella Sticks. In other news, I'm hungry...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hino played very well in the beginning, then got reduced to a power play role with him and Schroder bouncing around the lineup.

Motte played well despite losing Connor for the end of the tournament to injury. You can see the speed and grit Motte has, plus some solid hands. One of Hino and Motte is going to crack this team out of camp. Hino has blazing wheels, but Motte is the more complete player so maybe Q will go with that. I can see both making it depending on what happens with Shaw, but Hartman has to fit in here somewhere as well so good to see some of these young guys stepped up against pros and looked solid.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Motte also plays at a position of need atm. Could use him in a top 9 role next year. I'm sure they'll both be up next year. Whether that's to kick off the season or not, who knows at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia