GDT: #8 NJD @ Buffalo - We're going streaking!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
We need to keep an eye on defensive zone starts.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...eamid=18&type=fenwick&sort=DZPCT&sortdir=DESC

Zajac is leading Devils forwards by starting 43.2% of shifts in the defensive end.

On the other end of the spectrum, Henrique is only starting 21.6% of his shifts in the defensive zone.

It's becoming apparent that Hynes likes to employ his shutdown guys in heavy defensive roles and his offensive guys in offensive roles. So that will skew possession stats.

I think a tough shutdown role has weighed particularly heavy on Palmieri and Tlusty. They're not floaters at all, but they're no Parise or Elias when it comes to possessing the puck. I think Tlusty especially has a lot of people down because you don't notice him much in the defensive zone, and he hasn't gotten the PP time that Palmieri and Zajac have.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think a tough shutdown role has weighed particularly heavy on Palmieri and Tlusty. They're not floaters at all, but they're no Parise or Elias when it comes to possessing the puck. I think Tlusty especially has a lot of people down because you don't notice him much in the defensive zone, and he hasn't gotten the PP time that Palmieri and Zajac have.

I'd like to notice Tlusty more on the scoresheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad