Prospect Info: 7th IceHogs, Fuel, NCAA/Jr./Int'l Prospects thread - Offseason in Rockford

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We go to OT...5-5 after 3 periods..Refs put away the whistle ..Got quite dirty the last few minutes of the 3rd..High sticks and mugging going on by both teams...but no fights.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
London scores to win nit non OT...They attacked for 3 minutes...Niagara had trouble getting out now their own zone..Just too much talent and depth on Lindon despite not being a vet laden squad..Too stacked in talent...as usual for tge Hunter brothers.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Better to sign them as UDFA then draft them. Wasn't Icapolli a drafted over ager and Liam couglin as well?

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Better to sign them as UDFA then draft them. Wasn't Icapolli a drafted over ager and Liam couglin as well?

Iacopelli was an overager when drafted, yes. That pick will forever puzzle me. Where he was picked more than the pick itself. Just..puzzling.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Pokka had a bigger jump in production than I thought. 30 to 45 points. Here to hoping he is our #4 d we need. He has the potential.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I thought he has looked like a potential NHLer for sure, and from the couple of periods I have watched at the Worlds, he looks pretty good there as well. I think he can be a third liner or career AHLer.

Hino has looked awesome at the World Championships. Kid is absolutely flying out there. I am pretty confident he takes a full-time spot next year on the Hawks, just too fast and gritty not too.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hino has looked awesome at the World Championships. Kid is absolutely flying out there. I am pretty confident he takes a full-time spot next year on the Hawks, just too fast and gritty not too.

Agreed. I thought he was one of their better players vs. Belarus in the first 2 periods. Just zooming around the ice, lots of possession and some tricky passes. One of his nice passes led directly to a goal. Looked like a surefire NHLer compared to all the other NHLers out there, but it's the Worlds where it's a different game, so tough to say for sure.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
If Hino can get strong enough to maintain possession of the puck when checked by players of NHL size and strength, I like him a lot as a 3rd line scorer. I'm very interested to see how Tanner Kero does next year as well, I think he has some good scoring upside.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Well Jake Dowell signed a 1 year extension with the Icehogs. Making it likely Rockford will finally have a captain to start the season not called up a few weeks later.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If Hino can get strong enough to maintain possession of the puck when checked by players of NHL size and strength, I like him a lot as a 3rd line scorer. I'm very interested to see how Tanner Kero does next year as well, I think he has some good scoring upside.

Agreed on both counts.

If Stan can trade Kruger this summer, he should without hesitation. His new contract is rather ludicrous for a cap strapped team, and was/is one of Stan's worst blunders if MK does remain a Blackhawk.

Last edited:

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Agreed on both counts.

If Stan can trade Kruger this summer, he should without hesitation. His new contract is rather ludicrous for a cap strapped team, and was/is one of Stan's worst blunders if MK does remain a Blackhawk.
I think the Kruger contract was Bowman paying a guy who took a discount after waiting all offseason for the Hawks. He plays a tough role that comes with very little glory. It seems like Stan puts a great deal of importance on maintaining a reputation of treating players well. That said, if they Hawks think they have a prospect or UFA that can fill that role for cheaper, I agree 100%.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I disagree, cap space is an issue. They could use that money to go after a #4.

They can still do that depending on if the cap goes up to $74M and if they can somehow get rid of Bickell. Cap space will be a much bigger issue after next season.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
going to tune into London vs Niagara tonight to watch Knott play because I have barely seen him play. Interested to see him. Anybody see him consistently on these boards? I know 50 has..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad