GDT: #74|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens|The effort of the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1 GDT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Any GDT that has doggos gets an automatic like.
nqBuevw.gif

This is Horny relaxing before a game.

AThG1w9.gif

Phil Kessel with his pre-game meal.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
MTL has ONE legit forward line and the rest is AHL fodder...

If we get outplayed by them and their $30 defense, I’m going to go into a deep funk...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

If we get outplayed by them and their $30 defense, I’m going to go into a deep funk...
Well, I mean....the Isles have been destroyed by several teams and then played us like they were Cup Contenders.

I wouldn't put it past them to just own us tonight.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Whats the funk like.... something like this?
dg6VR.gif

Reactions: Andy99

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Our D ...
zt6Pc9e.gif

Good stuff, Cole. Thanks again for helping out :)

My dog used to do that, except she'd get frustrated and try to catch things with her paws, which usually just launched whatever it was across the room. Took two years of practice before she could finally catch something you throw to her.

Reactions: DegenX

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
So, according to some here, the Pens can “turn it on” whenever they feel like it but aren’t even really trying to win games on the road to “save it” for the playoffs?

So right from puck drop in game 1 of the postseason, this team will look like it was shot out of a canon and will continue that way until the final horn?

So they’re just ****ing around out there half the time and everyone, including the coaching staff knows it and know that they can just “flip that switch” whenever they feel like it and skate teams right out of the building?

Well WTF should I even bother watching these last 9 games, especially the ones on the road? Why waste 2.5 hours of my evening watching a team that doesn’t even give a ****?

I’ll get more sleep and be rested up for the playoffs when that switch is thrown and they hit warp speed...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So, according to some here, the Pens can “turn it on” whenever they feel like it but aren’t even really trying to win games on the road to “save it” for the playoffs?

So right from puck drop in game 1 of the postseason, this team will look like it was shot out of a canon and will continue that way until the final horn?

So they’re just ****ing around out there half the time and everyone, including the coaching staff knows it and know that they can just “flip that switch” whenever they feel like it and skate teams right out of the building?

Well WTF should I even bother watching these last 9 games, especially the ones on the road? Why waste 2.5 hours of my evening watching a team that doesn’t even give a ****?

I’ll get more sleep and be rested up for the playoffs when that switch is thrown and they hit warp speed...

Or they are streaky. Streaky, possible yes. Play good and win when you want no. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt having 4 days off. That was more like game 1 of the regular season rough though after only 4 days? They will have a break to start the playoffs 5 days or so - that should be equally horrifying. Unless the playoff juices are flowing and they come out flying.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I don’t think anyone feels like they can flip a switch. I think they feel like going down 2 - 0 in the first period ofa playoff game will illicit a different response than going down 2 - 0 in the regular season.

I mean, I watch hockey because I like watching hockey. If you need to watch hockey to see your team win, you’re likely going to have a really hard time with the sport.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Consistency has been our Achilles heel all season long. Crosby's season is the perfect embodiment of how this season has gone so far.

Actually to be honest, Crosby played much of the season like his dog died. The team was rolling with Phil and Geno, Sid did not do much of anything.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
Sid has been one of the most passionate and hungry players in the league since he came in. He was always working on aspects of his game that were lacking and trying to be the best at everything.

But this year he just acts like he doesn’t give two ****s about anything on most nights. No drive, no desire, no passion. Why? He is the captain and as he goes, so goes the team. When the captain shows that he doesn’t care half the time, what message does that send to the rest of the team? What drives them? Who pushes them to the next level?

I would love to believe that Sid is just conserving energy for another postseason run but it looks different than that...

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
I don’t think anyone feels like they can flip a switch. I think they feel like going down 2 - 0 in the first period ofa playoff game will illicit a different response than going down 2 - 0 in the regular season.

I mean, I watch hockey because I like watching hockey. If you need to watch hockey to see your team win, you’re likely going to have a really hard time with the sport.
I watch a lot of hockey and what make a hockey game exciting to watch is two teams that give a **** and are battling all night long for the upper hand. Watching a team look like they are just going through the motions for 60 minutes is not exciting...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
I watch a lot of hockey and what make a hockey game exciting to watch is two teams that give a **** and are battling all night long for the upper hand. Watching a team look like they are just going through the motions for 60 minutes is not exciting...

I guess.

I’ve gotten joy out of watching Brassard slowly adjusting, Murray being back, Letang and Malkin’s skill plays.

Last night I got to see Barzal and Tavares play who are both incredible, etc.

Also, nobody is forcing you to watch. Feel free to complain about it, but honestly there is nothing you can do.

Reactions: Amen evil king

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Playoffs are a different beast, you know that you have a limited amount of time to sort your shit out or else it's a few months of wondering what went wrong, what could I have done differently, what if I put 100% every shift no matter what, etc. During the season, playing like dog shit means oh well, we have 82 games to figure it out, hopefully *shrug*....

Which isn't a good thing. But most good teams know that the last 20 games or so is when you flip that switch and you head into the playoffs with all of your shit together, Pens don't have their shit together, if anything, they're starting to swing back to how they played at the start of the season with the last 4 games.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Playoffs are a different beast, you know that you have a limited amount of time to sort your **** out or else it's a few months of wondering what went wrong, what could I have done differently, what if I put 100% every shift no matter what, etc. During the season, playing like dog **** means oh well, we have 82 games to figure it out, hopefully *shrug*....

Which isn't a good thing. But most good teams know that the last 20 games or so is when you flip that switch and you head into the playoffs with all of your **** together, Pens don't have their **** together, if anything, they're starting to swing back to how they played at the start of the season with the last 4 games.

Fosho. When has the Presidents trophy winner won the stanley cup?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Playoffs are a different beast, you know that you have a limited amount of time to sort your **** out or else it's a few months of wondering what went wrong, what could I have done differently, what if I put 100% every shift no matter what, etc. During the season, playing like dog **** means oh well, we have 82 games to figure it out, hopefully *shrug*....

Which isn't a good thing. But most good teams know that the last 20 games or so is when you flip that switch and you head into the playoffs with all of your **** together, Pens don't have their **** together, if anything, they're starting to swing back to how they played at the start of the season with the last 4 games.

We lost 6 of our last ten and went 12 and 8 in our last twenty last year.

We’ve gone 7 - 6 our last 13 heading into the final 20.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
I guess.

I’ve gotten joy out of watching Brassard slowly adjusting, Murray being back, Letang and Malkin’s skill plays.

Last night I got to see Barzal and Tavares play who are both incredible, etc.

Also, nobody is forcing you to watch. Feel free to complain about it, but honestly there is nothing you can do.
Well sure, there is some venting here and there but we’re having a discussion about what is going on with the team right now.

I love watching hockey more than any other sport and am blessed that I get to watch as much as I do. I am so lucky to have watched Mario and Jagr and now Sid and Geno and get to witness 5 Cups in my lifetime.

The frustrating part right now is that the team doesn’t seem to be ironing anything out. The same crap that plagued them early in the season is still rearing it’s ugly head. And the players looking like they could care less is really disconcerting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad