GDT: #74|Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Montreal Canadiens|The effort of the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1 GDT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
penguins-canadiens-jpg-1478046061.jpg

CANADIENS (26-35-12) at PENGUINS (41-27-5)
7 p.m. ET; SN, ATTSN-PT, RDS, NHL.TV

The Game

Goaltender Carey Price will return for the Montreal Canadiens when they play the Pittsburgh Penguins at PPG Paints Arena on Wednesday.

Price backed up Antti Niemi in a 2-0 home loss to the Florida Panthers on Monday after missing 13 games with a concussion. He last played Feb. 20, when he took a shot off his helmet from Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere.

The Penguins lost 4-1 at the New York Islanders on Tuesday and are second in the Metropolitan Division, four points behind the first-place Washington Capitals. The Penguins and Columbus Blue Jackets each have 87 points, but Pittsburgh has played one fewer game.
Penguins goalie Matt Murray could start for the second straight night after missing nine games with a concussion sustained during practice on Feb. 26. He made 36 saves in his return Tuesday.

Canadiens projected lineup

Paul Byron -- Jonathan Drouin -- Brendan Gallagher
Alex Galchenyuk -- Jacob de la Rose -- Artturi Lehkonen
Daniel Carr -- Logan Shaw -- Nikita Scherbak
Nicolas Deslauriers -- Michael McCarron -- Charles Hudon

Mike Reilly -- Jeff Petry
Karl Alzner -- Noah Juulsen
Jordie Benn -- Brett Lernout

Carey Price
Antti Niemi

Scratched
: Byron Froese

Injured
: Ales Hemsky (concussion-like symptoms), Max Pacioretty (knee), Victor Mete (finger), David Schlemko (upper body), Rinat Valiev (lower body), Phillip Danault (upper body), Andrew Shaw (upper body)

Penguins projected lineup

Jake Guentzel -- Sidney Crosby -- Bryan Rust
Carl Hagelin -- Evgeni Malkin -- Patric Hornqvist
Conor Sheary -- Derick Brassard -- Phil Kessel
Tom Kuhnhackl -- Riley Sheahan -- Josh Jooris

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang
Jamie Oleksiak -- Justin Schultz
Olli Maatta -- Chad Ruhwedel

Matt Murray
Casey DeSmith

Scratched
: Matt Hunwick

Injured
: Zach Aston-Reese (upper body), Dominik Simon (lower body), Carter Rowney (upper body)

The effort:

nGWai.gif

Too-lazy-dog.gif

Lazy-Cat.gif

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
So why don’t they friggin put Kessel with Sid for at least one mfing game

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
In a word: meh.

Gonna be a shit show until Simon and ZAR get healthy and Sully stops contorting the lines into crimes against hockey entertainment. We have one line that's clicking and the rest are a mess - I don't expect we'll look much different than we did yesterday.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m not even going to write one my little lists about what they need to do tonight....and no music either...

That’s how exasperated and desperate I am! They know what they need to do: STOP PLAYING LIKE CRAP AND JUST WIN !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad