Post-Game Talk: #71 | Blue Jackets at FLYERS | Thu., Mar. 15, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Serious question. What would it take for you to buy into this management group again if you currently don't?

For me, it's:

• A coaching change that's not a retread
  • Filppula and Oduya walk
  • Simmonds trade
  • One of Weise/Lehtera gone with the other in the press box
  • A maximum of one of Hagg/MacDonald/Manning on the roster preferably as the clear 7th D but absolutely nowhere near the top 4.
Of course that's not happening, but here we are.

All of this except there is no reality where MAW Patrol is in my organization. I wouldnt even let him attend games if he payed quadruple face value.

Reactions: Provocop

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Serious question. What would it take for you to buy into this management group again if you currently don't?

For me, it's:

• Simmonds trade
  • A maximum of one of Hagg/MacDonald/Manning on the roster preferably as the clear 7th D but absolutely nowhere near the top 4.
And I would need all of it next year. Of course that's not happening, but here we are.

that is a good start.
For me it begins and ends with Manning. He is clearly not an NHL player. I can't stand watching him hurt this team time and time again.
I would also like them to be more aggressive with morin and myers next year.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

For me, it's:

• Simmonds trade
And I would need all of it. Of course that's not happening, but here we are.

Clean out the support staff.

Don't re-sign any of the usual suspects.

Tight leash for Hakstol; promote Gordon if the team falters early.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Talent that's not going to get experience so that garbage can collect a paycheck.

Pretty sure Patrick, Provorov, and Konecny all played in their first seasons, and all but one of those guys got fair minutes for their contributions (and the 3rd finally has them now). If this is all about a certain defenseman, go watch the first Columbus goal again where he has a chance (and time) to clear the puck and instead chips it directly back to a BJs defenseman who sets up the goal. Player development is about that player, not how garbage every other player is.

There's a lot of personnel decisions that the Hak/Hex combo have produced that I totally hate, but my God, everyone should crawl off the cross for a second.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Long players only meeting,,,,, AGAIN !!!!!!!
Wonder if Hexy breaks it up and says listen to Haktard

if Hexy goes into that meeting AGAIN and says the coachs arent getting fired... then im officaly done with him...

EVERYone on the coaching staff can be flushed and the ORg. from Homer on down needs to really re-evaluate what they think they built here since 2010...

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Let’s see:
Their 2nd line LW has 0 points in 13 nhl games.
Their 2nd line C has 23 points in 63 games.
Their bottom six wingers are Raffl, Lehtera, Read, & Simmonds, who is clearly still hurt & a liability on the ice.
Their bottom two centers are Filppula & Laughton.
They only have two good defensemen, & the Gudas Manning pairing is particularly atrocious.
And their goalie is Mrazek, who just gave up 4 goals on 10 shots, and already was below .900 with the Flyers.
There are a lot more problems than just the coach.
This is a poor, thin team right now.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Pretty sure Patrick, Provorov, and Konecny all played in their first seasons, and all but one of those guys got fair minutes for their contributions (and the 3rd finally has them now). If this is all about a certain defenseman, go watch the first Columbus goal again where he has a chance (and time) to clear the puck and instead chips it directly back to a BJs defenseman who sets up the goal. Player development is about that player, not how garbage every other player is.

There's a lot of personnel decisions that the Hak/Hex combo have produced that I totally hate, but my God, everyone should crawl off the cross for a second.
Boy, you guys are building your own little hive, aren't you.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

For me, it's:

• Simmonds trade
And I would need all of it next year. Of course that's not happening, but here we are.

Probably Hakstol getting fired. I'm not down on Hextall that badly, I just think he's playing the long game tediously. But Hak consistently has no clue how to manage his roster in-game. I think his roster decisions are weird, but he constantly throws the Manning/Gudas pair out behind the first line after an icing. Stuff like that drives me nuts. You have tired opponents and your top scorers back, but when you win the faceoff, who does it go to first? He did it twice tonight, results: Manning shot wide for an opposing breakout, Manning shot blocked for an opponent clear.

Reactions: Vikke and Frickley

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Let’s see:
Their 2nd line LW has 0 points in 13 nhl games.
Their 2nd line C has 23 points in 63 games.
Their bottom six wingers are Raffl, Lehtera, Read, & Simmonds, who is clearly still hurt & a liability on the ice.
Their bottom two centers are Filppula & Laughton.
They only have two good defensemen, & the Gudas Manning pairing is particularly atrocious.
And their goalie is Mrazek, who just gave up 4 goals on 10 shots, and already was below .900 with the Flyers.
There are a lot more problems than just the coach.
This is a poor, thin team right now.

The scoring issues and the defense are linked.

It's nearly impossible to accomplish anything with two shot-biased meatballs as your 2nd pair.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014

For me, it's:

• Simmonds trade
I'm not anti-Hexy yet, but if 3 or 4 of those do not happen by next year I probably will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad