GDT: #70 | Golden Knights at FLYERS | Mon., Mar. 12, 2018, 7:00 pm ET | SN, NBCSP, ATTSN-RM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You always claim they're too tired to play when the Hakshell is in full effect, and the real issue is that our bad players are playing too much.

If conditioning is this abysmal, you should be bashing Hakstol for them not being in shape. Get on that.

Wait, you mean playing Manning over 8 minutes in the 3rd period against Winnipeg isn't a recipe for success?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, Lehtera's been pretty solid on the PK, Leier and Weise, not so much.
The one thing they're doing better is clearing the puck.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
What about sbisa? Lmao
I think he already got his a few seasons back. :sarcasm: Plus, he's been injured the last 2 weeks.

It's crazy to think he was drafted 10 years ago. It's also crazy that he somehow stayed in the league and looks like he'll have a pretty good career. Wasn't looking too promising for a while there.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Actually, Lehtera's been pretty solid on the PK, Leier and Weise, not so much.
The one thing they're doing better is clearing the puck.

Weise played like 3 seconds on the PK this year and let up a goal. No one is pumping him up. He's horse shit. Or rather a shit horse. Leier wasn't good, but I don't think anyone actually cares about him given the talent available.

Jori and Flip are the two worst chance suppressors on the team on the PK, including high danger ones. It's no surprise as they can barely skate. Along with Leier, they're also the two worst in goals against. "Pretty solid" indeed. We aren't dealing with brainiac evaluators here. Most likely they're on the PK because of a tandem of veteran experience and good goals against at 5v5, thus they are good defensively (despite being caved by every metric in existence).

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It’s disgraceful that Laughton barely gets PK time anymore. At least pair him with one of the slow veterans.

Laughton's usage in general this year has been a joke.

Giroux and Laughton were super dangerous during their short time PKing together. Reminded me of Giroux and Richards.

And speaking of Laughton... he’s only averaging 10 minutes per game in his last 20 games... meanwhile Filppula is at 15 minutes.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It sucks that either a) the team will be winning and Sanheim will be benched the entire 3rd, or b) the team will be losing and he’ll be allowed to play.

Cowardly coach didn’t watch the super bowl, I guess. No guts, no glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad