Prospect Info: #70 Danil Misyul D

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
He is 1GA per game bad. I want to see Miller, I want to see Nemec over him. If we need in him in PK - use him as 12th forward. But we should stop using him as 5vs5 defenseman. At least we should try to watch what we have in other players.

I don’t know why you’re saying he’s been on for 1 GA a game. It’s literally not true and it’s not like he’s been on for a disproportionate amount of GAs. He’s been on for 10 5v5 GA. Luke has been on for 9. Siegs for 10. Bahl, Dougie, Marino for 11.

AS Smith’s literally been on for the least amount. He’s still at 10. Luke’s at 12. Bahl 15. Siegs and Dougie 17. Marino 22.

Per 60 he has been on for the most against 5v5. Per 60 he’s been on for the 2nd fewest AS despite PKing 2 minutes a game

Yes Smith is awful but he’s not this make or break piece that is singlehandedly dragging down the team.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I don’t know why you’re saying he’s been on for 1 GA a game. It’s literally not true and it’s not like he’s been on for a disproportionate amount of GAs. He’s been on for 10 5v5 GA. Luke has been on for 9. Siegs for 10. Bahl, Dougie, Marino for 11.

AS Smith’s literally been on for the least amount. He’s still at 10. Luke’s at 12. Bahl 15. Siegs and Dougie 17. Marino 22.

Per 60 he has been on for the most against 5v5. Per 60 he’s been on for the 2nd fewest AS despite PKing 2 minutes a game

Yes Smith is awful but he’s not this make or break piece that is singlehandedly dragging down the team.
He faced weaker competition, he has the most GA per 60 (close to 3), he is absolutely anchor for his partners. Its a complex, not only just GA.

If he would play more 5 vs 5, we would be in deeper hole. Whoever play with him, its a trash stat, Luke is a different player from advanced stats angle. If Smith would play as much as Siegs, Devils would miss much more goals.

Overall near the same amount of GA with lesser 5 on 5 min is talking enough about his game. Again - against weaker competition.

He is second worst in SA per 60. second worst in SCFA, worst GA per 60, and all of his bad stats again - against weaker competition. All of his partners are playing worser with him on the ice. He is just trash and always making bad decision or mistakes - technical or positional.

It takes too much effort to advocate for this devil, Satan himself rejected him, but Raff has not expelled him so far. We can save him for PK, but we should replace him as top-6 D as soon as possible. His game is what brings GA +\- automatically and is making life for his partners much harder 5 on 5. I can live with him as 6-7 F\PK D, but its hard to live with him as 6D. I would look at Nemec and/or Miller as soon as management and coaches will be ready to do it. For me he is going to be on the Blackwood level, when Im absolutely sure guy will miss his first goal from the first second shot, and will miss 3 goals from 10 shots. Was it happening every game? No. But it was often. Will Smith bring you GA 5 on 5 every game? No, but its more on opponents shoulders, Smith is making everything to make it happened.

Last edited:

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Went up to Utica for the game on Saturday he stood out..Kept play in the off zone and played good defense imo.....His shot is good too....Was nice to see a dman stay at home in front of the net when needed too....Like I said before hope he gets a shot with us and doesn't get traded he might surprise us....

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yes let's talk about Brendan Smith in the Danil Misyul thread.

And then confuse people the next couple of posts thinking Danil is the one getting criticized. :rolleyes:
On this board, it's equally likely that we would discuss pizza and have later readers confused wondering why Misyul is being criticized for being chewy.

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
I mean....Who doesn't like Pizza?
Meme_AndAwayWeGo.png

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad