Prospect Info: #70 Danil Misyul D

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
You can sometimes pay the KHL team to make those contracts go away, it's happened enough times. The player has to want to come over as well of course, and they usually want an NHL opportunity with it.
But you probably don't buy out a contract and have him play in the AHL. Figure he's at least 2 years away, so might as well let him develop on Lokomotiv's dime.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I've got some shocking news for you, hold tight... ready? It's not 1999 anymore!!! :sarcasm:
There is no transfer agreement in place but the NHL and KHL have an "understanding" to respect contracts from each league. Normally with a transfer agreement there is a set fee for NHL teams getting players from the other league, but in this case they need to negotiate each time.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
There is no transfer agreement in place but the NHL and KHL have an "understanding" to respect contracts from each league. Normally with a transfer agreement there is a set fee for NHL teams getting players from the other league, but in this case they need to negotiate each time.

As far as I know it means that NHL teams are forbidden to pay to teams of this kind of leagues, as otherwise it will mean an advantage for richer teams.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

Liked Misyul going into the draft. He got bonus points for choosing what I assume is Nirvana’s Lithium as his preferred song if he had been a first rounder.

kakko: no choice

sounds about right, he’s got the personality of a disposable douche

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
kakko: no choice

sounds about right, he’s got the personality of a disposable *****e
Even worse, he did actually choose one after all, a song (it was misspelled on the paper) by probably the most mainstream Finnish rap group.. gosh their music is horrible and thats coming from a guy who enjoys rap. Cant understand how kids can listen to that, but thats a rant for another day.. :sarcasm:

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
In hoping this kid could be a legit top 4 D for us. Our other picks have some potential but this kid seems like a real under the radar player. Maybe it's because he played in the KHL/MHL and not here in North America that lead him to get less exposure. Either way I'm interested to see his progression this year.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Winds Hockey

Apr 7, 2019
I agree with NJDevs and Chedda...this is definitely my favorite pick after Jack. What a beast. He's also a somewhat recently-converted forward. I think most of his weaker aspects are things that are pretty easily improved through coaching/practice/experience. Some of the same things that were exciting about K'Andre Miller last year are present here with Misyul, in my opinion.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
looks like it could be the steal he looks so good and he's potential is very high. likes how active and he's aggressivness in front of the net, he skating looks so effortless in a very good way.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Not sure what his contract status is with his KHL team but I hope he comes here soon. Another year or two in the KHL will be good for him to earn a bigger role and gain more experience playing against men. I really love this pick because I found our other picks on D this year to top out as good 3rd pairing shutdown guys. Meanwhile this kid has good size and shutdown ability but has more offense to his game.

Winds Hockey

Apr 7, 2019
He's signed for three more years over there, but if we can get him over here after that I think he should be pretty much good to go.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
He has three years left on his contract. And he will play those years out. You just don't see Russian players come over before their contracts run out.

So it looks like he'll be over here in time for the 22-23 season. That's ways away it seems like.

Reactions: Bet the Over

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
He has three years left on his contract. And he will play those years out. You just don't see Russian players come over before their contracts run out.

So it looks like he'll be over here in time for the 22-23 season. That's ways away it seems like.
Can't or won't. If he legally can't, that is different than you guessing he won't, even if you state it as fact.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

It's a near certainty that this is precisely the reason Misyul fell to the #70 pick. He combines terrific talent with a very desirable game. He has the potential to become a heck of an NHL player.

Reactions: Classic Devil

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Hopefully he is worth the wait, 3 years is awhile and who knows what our team will look like by then.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
His KHL contract, how much is it per year? I'm just curious how it would compare to an NHL or AHL contract, I suspect it's less than NHL and more than AHL, but if it's less than both he might need new advisors.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
This kid seems like the multi-tool D we've been needing for a good decade. My favorite NJ pick outside of the first round.

There are questions about his offensive upside but I hope he pans out. Seems like the defensive habits and the skating are good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad