GDT: #7| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | September 5th | 7:30 PM | F/W 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
f*** it. Couldn’t wait around while you stupid winning jerks take the high road on this. I HAD to take matters into my own hands. COVID sucks and there’s nothing to do but at least there’s this now.

Did Tavares choose the wrong team?

Have at it sports fans :popcorn:

Most of us don't care about that lying piece of shit snake robot anymore. We definitely enjoy making him the butt of countless jokes though.

He isn't a part of this team and his tenure has essentially been erased. We have more important things to worry about like trying to make it to the Cup finals.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I came back to the Island for the weekend to visit family. Just went out to grab a coffee and Isles gear is EVERYWHERE in Huntington.

The sleeping giant fanbase is waking up.

funny you say this. (2) winters ago I came back to the Island for Christmas from balmy florida

drove by the frozen pond in Massapequa that I used to dominate (in my mind) back in the 80's wearing my Brent Sutter Jersey. I happened to notice the place littered with ranger jerseys and it just absolutely ground my gears. That pond was Islander country. Anyway, hope it changes somewhat after a run or two.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Most of us don't care about that lying piece of shit snake robot anymore. We definitely enjoy making him the butt of countless jokes though.

He isn't a part of this team and his tenure has essentially been erased. We have more important things to worry about like trying to make it to the Cup finals.

Agreed.... but you guys don’t play for another day so in the meantime you gotta fill your time with something. Help a guy out mmmmmkay???

Reactions: PWJunior

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
Guys. This is one of the most happy days of my life. Been waiting27 years for this. But I'm at a total low point out of nowhere bc of the death of my wife. These things come from no where like a ton of bricks. So please assume lots of happy posts from me in capital letters and loads of !!!! and emojis.

Thanks for your understanding as i cry myself to sleep.

wow, i am in the same exact boat as you man. im sorry for your loss, i lost mine as well after 20 years to leaukemia. its been tough, thankfully this islander team has brought a smile to my face and a genuine happiness that i havent felt since her passing. LFGI!!!

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
wow, i am in the same exact boat as you man. im sorry for your loss, i lost mine as well after 20 years to leaukemia. its been tough, thankfully this islander team has brought a smile to my face and a genuine happiness that i havent felt since her passing. LFGI!!!

I’m liking your post as I did @Darth Bangkok in expression of support, prayers and peace.

Bexlyspeed

May 21, 2011
Astoria, Queens, N.Y
f*** it. Couldn’t wait around while you stupid winning jerks take the high road on this. I HAD to take matters into my own hands. COVID sucks and there’s nothing to do but at least there’s this now.

Did Tavares choose the wrong team?

Have at it sports fans :popcorn:
Could Tavares even be effective in the Trotz system? Plus we’d be paying him 12- 14 million!
its good he’s gone and the only bad thing was his no trade request that Garth was stupid for honoring.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
I agree, I'm a ripe old 49 year old as well. Thought the Isles would never lose when I was 9-10-11 and 12. For the "young guys" Enjoy the run, hopefully Lou and Trotz give us all a fun couple of years.
Can't wait. 52 years old and been waiting for the sleeping giant to wake up one more time before I leave this earth. Time to take out my lucky Parker pen.

I grew up in West Hempstead 10 minutes from the old barn. Went to Boston for 15 years, then NYC. . Now living in Tampa, Florida since 2005. Could have been a Lightning fan. Not this fan. It's orange, white, and blue for me.

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
32 year old here. Was the same age as my daughter is now last time this happened. My 16 month old has no f***ing clue what's going on but he was running around high fiving everyone last night.

Reactions: TMI and mm11

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Screenshot_20200906-101105_Twitter.jpg

From Paul Cartier"s twitter

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Absolutely psyched!

And I don't think Tampa is happy about this result...
They shouldn't be. Right now we're last year's Blue Jackets on steroids. I hope the Bolts watched our game last night when they got to Edmonton.

Reactions: TMI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We got not only the back page of Newsday, but the full back page and a portion of the front cover of the New York Post. Only paper that does not cover us at all is the Daily News, which has become a joke of a paper.
The publicity is nice, but how many of us here, or New Yorkers in general, are still getting their news from newspapers?

I don't get steamed about a newspaper missing out on us anymore. I haven't bought one since I retired 5 years ago. The only local paper that doesn't have a paywall is the Post. If they ever put one up I'll stop reading their online edition as well just as I did with the Daily News, Newsday, and the Times.

I'll venture a guess that the majority of the people in these forums get their sports news from blogs and Twitter. I'm one of them. I get enough Isles info on Twitter from Gross, Staple, Compton, plus the post game press conferences from our players and coach on the Islanders website that I don't feel like I've missed out on anything.

Reactions: Hunn

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The publicity is nice, but how many of us here, or New Yorkers in general, are still getting their news from newspapers?

I don't get steamed about a newspaper missing out on us anymore. I haven't bought one since I retired 5 years ago. The only local paper that doesn't have a paywall is the Post. If they ever put one up I'll stop reading their online edition as well just as I did with the Daily News, Newsday, and the Times.

I'll venture a guess that the majority of the people in these forums get their sports news from blogs and Twitter. I'm one of them. I get enough Isles info on Twitter from Gross, Staple, Compton, plus the post game press conferences from our players and coach on the Islanders website that I don't feel like I've missed out on anything.

When I get my bagel with cream cheese and lox on Sundays, it is pretty nice to see the headlines on the back page of the papers on the rack. I'm low key looking forward to that today.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I came back to the Island for the weekend to visit family. Just went out to grab a coffee and Isles gear is EVERYWHERE in Huntington.

The sleeping giant fanbase is waking up.
That's because the black cloud that has shrouded this franchise for over 30 years has finally lifted.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

He will be the only former captain not invited back for any events, like the annual captains golf outings. f*** him.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
When I get my bagel with cream cheese and lox on Sundays, it is pretty nice to see the headlines on the back page of the papers on the rack. I'm low key looking forward to that today.
It has no effect on me anymore. I've become so insular that if you don't root for the Islanders you're dead to me.

Reactions: PWJunior

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
well takeaways from last night, i was hoping eberle would somehow get an easy empty net goal to boost his confidence, most times scoring an easy goal after being so cold could change everything and we def need him to finish in the ecf to have a shot at this thing.

i predicted a win by 4 goals but i said 5-1 or 5-2. i was close.. you can look at my past posts.

ive never been a season ticket holder but i was looking into season tickets at the new arena and if there is anything to be unhappy about with last nights win its that im thinking the prices for season tickets just went up :( if they hvent already been set. this wouldve been the first time i ever bought season tickets.

man this team is fun to watch... i knew philly couldnt continue to get the lucky bounces, they were super lucky to get it to 7 games, we were not only the better team, but we were the absolute MUCH better team in that series and most of the time the better team wins a best of 7 series..

a big FU to JT, i hope your absolutely MISERABLE right now seeing the isles going to the ECF you snake fk!!!

LFGI!!!!!

Reactions: TMI and PWJunior
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad