GDT: #7| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | September 5th | 7:30 PM | F/W 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
Pushed the right buttons for sure.

Can't say enough about Nelson and Pelech. Leddy quietly had a good series. Love to hear some thoughts on Clutterbuck. As most said, the better team won.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
One final note before I go to bed.

This game was the antithesis of game 7 in Washington years ago where the team didn't show up. This was a team determined to impose their game on the opposition and did just that. They could've easily folded like that team in Washington so many years ago, but they played a complete 60 minute game where they dictated everything. They played their system, they knew their assignments, and they got the job done. Up and down the lineup they all got it done.
Couldn't stop thinking about this either. I have sympathy (just a little) for Flyer fans as i I know how frustrating that must have been to watch.

BiggyPete2

Oct 16, 2008
going to be nice to get the spotlight on the orange white and blue again. Question: is Tampa already hanging out playing ping pong in Edmonton? You would think the Isles will be gassed Monday night. Have to assume some Budweisers are flowing tonight no? Homage to battlin Billy
They might be in Edmonton but if so they only moved Friday. If the Islanders had won on Thursday, game one of the Tampa series would have been last night in Toronto so that the NHL could give the Canadian Market a Hockey Night in Canada game on Saturday night.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Brock Nelson is a gamer and clutch. Never would have thought this (2) years ago. Think the Isles skill is starting to surface. Should be an interesting series coming up. Got no sleep last night. Can't imagine the boys have much gas in the tank on game (1). They may have the Budweiser flu this morning

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
No joke. I’m 49 and my family moved to Long Island in 1980 so it’s logical why I’m a diehard fan. Have no idea why anyone in their 30’s or 20’s would be a fan so total shout out to them. It’s been dry times over that stretch!

I agree, I'm a ripe old 49 year old as well. Thought the Isles would never lose when I was 9-10-11 and 12. For the "young guys" Enjoy the run, hopefully Lou and Trotz give us all a fun couple of years.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Now that I've processed. The better team won. Everyone played well.

Most of all, we witnessed the first berth into the ECF since '93. Let that marinate. I am...

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
No joke. I’m 49 and my family moved to Long Island in 1980 so it’s logical why I’m a diehard fan. Have no idea why anyone in their 30’s or 20’s would be a fan so total shout out to them. It’s been dry times over that stretch!

child abuse I mean having parents bring you to the games in the Late 90s-00s, then continuing your bad habit into adulthood

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
We got not only the back page of Newsday, but the full back page and a portion of the front cover of the New York Post. Only paper that does not cover us at all is the Daily News, which has become a joke of a paper.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
I have been a fan of this team since it's inception....was actually at a pair of games in '72...and while i will not say i remember definitively....i truly believe this is one of the best games this franchise has ever played. I will watch again to really enjoy the clinic, less the nerves. It was a stellar performance!!!

Reactions: nyisleslover

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Man I can't NOT think about Bart Scott right now.

TO ALL THE NON-BELIEVERS!!!

"People talked shit about our team, like we hardly made the playoffs! We're a good hockey team!

We know we were a much better team and came and represented ourselves and we were...we're pissed off.
We was ready to come back and show what type of defense, what type of team this was...what kind of character we have.

FOR ALL YOU NON BELIEVERS - disrespect us, talk crap about Lord Bailey... Like he's not the most Loyal Islander on the team

.....See you in Edmonton.

CANT WAIT

Reactions: SI

NittanyIsle

Feb 16, 2013
I came back to the Island for the weekend to visit family. Just went out to grab a coffee and Isles gear is EVERYWHERE in Huntington.

The sleeping giant fanbase is waking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad