GDT: #7| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | September 5th | 7:30 PM | F/W 4-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
funny you say this. (2) winters ago I came back to the Island for Christmas from balmy florida

drove by the frozen pond in Massapequa that I used to dominate (in my mind) back in the 80's wearing my Brent Sutter Jersey. I happened to notice the place littered with ranger jerseys and it just absolutely ground my gears. That pond was Islander country. Anyway, hope it changes somewhat after a run or two.

Corner of Ocean Ave and Merrick Road ? A stones throw from All American Drive In ? Couple blocks from Dick and Doras by the water ?, The Bunnery with all you could drink pitchers with your meal a couple blocks east ? Nah , I never skated there . Wink Wink wearing of course 19 Trottier .

Reactions: mm11

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Corner of Ocean Ave and Merrick Road ? A stones throw from All American Drive In ? Couple blocks from Dick and Doras by the water ?, The Bunnery with all you could drink pitchers with your meal a couple blocks east ? Nah , I never skated there . Wink Wink wearing of course 19 Trottier .
think we shared a few cross ice passes eh?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
think we shared a few cross ice passes eh?

No way . Would have been you passing to me and me falling on my azz. You certainly would never have gotten a return pass. But i loved loved loved the 1980s.

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
They shouldn't be. Right now we're last year's Blue Jackets on steroids. I hope the Bolts watched our game last night when they got to Edmonton.

I've been chatting all playoffs with a friend who is a diehard Lightning fan. Here in Orlando there aren't a lot of hockey fans. We've been watching all the games not just our teams. Guy is a knowledgeable hockey fan.

Before last night he texted me and said "Good luck, but I want no part of the Islanders. You guys never give up and your forecheck scares the hell out of me."

Reactions: Lek and MJF

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
well islanders huge underdogs for game one vs tb.. tb is -$155 in vegas for game 1.

LFGI!!!! turn the doubters into believers! still doubting smh ‍♂️

Reactions: SRBisles

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I'm not sure I even recognize this team. We used to win games despite getting out shot. We'd keep teams on the outside, let them control possession for much of the game, but eek out a 2-1 win by hook or by crook.

What's going on with the utter domination we are seeing? I keep having to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. They haven't perfect (what team is?) but this is the best hockey we've seen out of this team since 80s. Just a true team effort all around. I'm sure we'll be the underdogs going forward, but I wouldn't bet against this team at all. And I doubt Tampa is thrilled to play us.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
I'm not sure I even recognize this team. We used to win games despite getting out shot. We'd keep teams on the outside, let them control possession for much of the game, but eek out a 2-1 win by hook or by crook.

What's going on with the utter domination we are seeing? I keep having to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. They haven't perfect (what team is?) but this is the best hockey we've seen out of this team since 80s. Just a true team effort all around. I'm sure we'll be the underdogs going forward, but I wouldn't bet against this team at all. And I doubt Tampa is thrilled to play us.

No matter the team on the other end, if the Islanders are opening up the scoring with Scott Mayfield and Andy Greene, their goose is cooked.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
And I thought I was old, I have not breathed oxygen and given off CO2 in a world where the Leafs, Hawks, Lions or Indians have won world series

I do remember a guy with a very thick mustache eliminating us from the playoffs in the 70's on a team with the first 2 Swedes in the NHL...

Also remember a dirty little guy kneeing our 2nd line center out of the playoffs

And I remember our first line center soiling Maple Leaf underoos while being employed by Charles Wang

They have won as many cups as the Seattle Kracken since I have been on earth LOL
Since the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup in 2015, I assume you are:
- really, really young
- going senile (join the club)
- referring to some other team.

All good. :laugh:

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale

this is now a nostalgia thread. My first job was in the 90’s at sunrise mall. I miss me some all American I may be back in town this Christmas

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I’m in my early 40’s, grew up in N Bellmore, and remember the 83 cup parade. Whenever my parents would go play cards at the neighbors’ house I’d be in the living room watching the Isles. Like many, I thought the 93 run was our return to prominence only to watch the dark ages set in.

I’m super f***ing pumped right now, just wish my parents were here to see this!

Reactions: Beacon Isles

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I've been chatting all playoffs with a friend who is a diehard Lightning fan. Here in Orlando there aren't a lot of hockey fans. We've been watching all the games not just our teams. Guy is a knowledgeable hockey fan.

Before last night he texted me and said "Good luck, but I want no part of the Islanders. You guys never give up and your forecheck scares the hell out of me."
Does your friend have any idea,any rumors about what's going on with Stamkos?

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Full conference final schedule out!!! Every other day, no back to backs!!! All night games except Game 4 on NBC next Sunday at 3 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad