WJC: 6th Annual C4G WJC Pool: Updates Ongoing

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
and that was my backup goalie plan. And he went sooner than I expected he would so thankfully I didn't go that route.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Dillon Dube. Not worried at all about the yellow no-contact jersey they have him in. Hopefully they'll let him wear that in the actual tournament!

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
and that was my backup goalie plan. And he went sooner than I expected he would so thankfully I didn't go that route.

Same here. I like Skarek. I think the Czechs could do decent and I am confident he will be there starter. Really wishing I took Hart at #9 right about now!

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Quinn Hughes. Hopefully he makes the cut and this isn't Chad Krys all over again.

As for my goalie options, it's become abundantly clear that I'll be selecting a piece of cardboard at the end of the draft. :laugh:

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Bragin has apparently said that Sukhachyov won't be their 1st goalie. Awful pick, good luck if he is their 3rd. =(

I don't think I can change my pick anymore. I would pick ______ if I could, but mayybe not.

Last edited:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I'll take Aapeli Räsänen.

Can't believe he is still there. I believe he'll play with Tolvanen and Vesalainen.

Shoot, was surprised he was still there too. Considering he already put up good numbers last year and is pegged for a top-6 role again this year it seems.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Bragin has apparently said that Sukhachyov won't be their 1st goalie. Awful pick, good luck if he is their 3rd. =(

I don't think I can change my pick anymore. I would pick Berdin if I could, but mayybe not.

I thought for sure Sukhachyov would be the starter...he was going to be my next pick if he made it back around to me. Good thing someone tested out the waters there first :laugh: (Unlucky for you though!)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

I don't think I can change my pick anymore. I would pick ******** if I could, but mayybe not.
Should avoid mentioning undrafted guys.

The goalie run made me desperate. Hopefully the Czech's surprise.

Last edited:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden

Yeah, not sure why I didn't use one of my first picks for a goalie. Getting the #1 goalie for a winning team is huge. More fun trying to find big producers I guess :laugh:

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Yeah I know, I was just so angry so just didn't care. We can pick multiple skaters but only one goalie so. But anyway sorry.

It might not end up as bad as you think. Even if he is the #2 he might still get a game against a weaker opponent in the round robin, and with this being the world juniors starters can lose their spots at the drop of a hat (especially on Russia).

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sorry for the delay guys, I'm here now. Think I know who I'm picking, but doing some last minute research

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ugh this decision is tough. I wanted Suzuki quite badly and didn't think he'd go that early because I've seen the majority of the lineups with him as the 13th forward or not on the roster at all, but I like his chances and wanted to take that risk. So now I'm down to 2 guys for this pick and it's really tough, everyone promise not to take my other guy so he falls to me at 56? :sarcasm:

I'll select Robert Thomas

That's not who I was leaning towards 10 minutes ago

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
It might not end up as bad as you think. Even if he is the #2 he might still get a game against a weaker opponent in the round robin, and with this being the world juniors starters can lose their spots at the drop of a hat (especially on Russia).
From what I understood he will be their 3rd goalie.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
But maybe I could change my goalie and take some teams 2nd goalie after draft. ;) Its better than having 3rd.

You can only do that if the guy you picked doesn't make the roster, per one of the bolded rules is post 1 ;)

You can only replace players which you can show they won't be participating. You can't say, that was a crappy pick, I want to switch it, and get a replacement draft pick. You pick someone who's playing, you're stuck with them.

It's not all bad though, it's 1 pick, and he'll probably still get a game even if he doesn't start, that's who I had on my list as the Russia starter. Still 2 weeks to go so you never know, Russia has tended to switch up who they've went with in the past

Also could you and 93LEAFS(the FinPanda quote in your post) delete his name from your posts. Everyone has probably seen it now, but just in case.

I don't think I can change my pick anymore. I would pick ______ if I could, but mayybe not.

Should avoid mentioning undrafted guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad