WJC: 6th Annual C4G WJC Pool: Updates Ongoing

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The bad news for Zemgus: Shutout ruined

The good news: That looks like a 2 point goal for him with Necas and Hajek both getting a point

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
7(what Howden has) for your 2nd best player wouldn't be too bad though, that's about middle of the pack for 2nd best score. But yeah, the fact that 4 is your 2nd best is the real killer, along with 3 zeros. It's always tough to tell exactly how well players will do. A player may seem to be a name player but a lot of it is luck. A name player like Brannstrom could only get 3 while your lesser known player goes without anything while a different lesser known player like Shusko puts up 8. Just comes down to getting the right ones and it's almost impossible to tell which ones are going to be the right ones ahead of time.

Anyway, 2nd period updated, 5 point lead from me, while the gap between 2nd and 4th has closed within 3. The 5th-9th race is really close as well.
7 would have been great for me.

Oh well, there is always next year. Next year Finns will win gold and I'll win this pool. :nod::laugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
USA wins, I'm still up 2 with Zemgus finished and up 8 on 3rd so this likely locks up the win for me. Now to see if Tigervixxxen or Statsy can close the 6/7 point gap to 2nd, and who finishes 3rd

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Will double check the results shortly but pretty certain I'm 1st with 52, Zemgus is 2nd with 50, and Stasty with the comeback for 3rd with 45.

edit: My first mistake of the tournament came at the worse time, error corrected below.

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Upon a recount I discovered that my scorekeeping may be worse than the IIHF's. I entered Tigervixxxen's point into his table but not the score into the standings. We in fact have a tie for 3rd place at 45 points

PlaceTeamPool Points
1Canada4Gold53
2Zemgus2650
T3Statsy45
T3Tigervixxxen45
593LEAFS41
6Landy92mack2937
7Glory36
8Scrantonicity 234
9FinPanda33
10Vankiller Whale30
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
So Gold to CanadaGold, Silver to Zemgus, and Statsy and Tigervixxen share Bronze.

I encourage Statsy not to throw his Bronze medal into the crowd in a fit of rage of having to share it instead of having it solo.

MVP of the tournament goes to the IIHF making up for their earlier Perunovich error on New Years Eve by giving Perunovich a phantom assist today helping Statsy tie for Bronze.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Thanks for running this C4G!

First year - 8th
Second year - 4th
This year - 2nd

I notice a trend...next year shall be mine! :thumbu:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
All things considered, I'm pretty proud of the team I picked. If I actually had a goalie I might have been pushing for gold. Somebody please remind me next year to not draft a team's third goalie. Two years in a row I've done that now.

Thanks to Canada4Gold for running this pool and keeping it updated as quickly as he did. :clap:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Thanks for running this C4G!

First year - 8th
Second year - 4th
This year - 2nd

I notice a trend...next year shall be mine! :thumbu:

Glory's first 4 years he went 9, 7, 5, 3 and then was expecting 1st, and nope. So I will fight this trend next year and make sure it doesn't happen :sarcasm:

I'll be hoping to run this again next year but may not have the time so no guarantees, but it's a year away so we'll see how it goes. If I do I hope you all come back to play again :)

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Tanks once again C4G. If you don't have enough time next year but still want to keep it going I'm sure some of us can help out with point updates etc

Congratulations aswell, well deserved win with all the efforts you put into this!

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Glory's first 4 years he went 9, 7, 5, 3 and then was expecting 1st, and nope. So I will fight this trend next year and make sure it doesn't happen :sarcasm:

I'll be hoping to run this again next year but may not have the time so no guarantees, but it's a year away so we'll see how it goes. If I do I hope you all come back to play again :)

Yeah really thought the win would be mine that year :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad