Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Is this the only thing you're able to post? I'm concerned
fudd-640w.jpg

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
I hope we save the GDT for this game and enshrine it in the Hfboards HOF.

Basically 10 pages of the same 5-6 posters complaining about how shit the team is and how they hate it, followed by a "can't even lose properly" post game thread.

Never change.....

I'm happy we beat that shambolic excuse of a contender. This was such an important win if we had any aspirations for the playoffs.

Drysdale and Risto are back skating, so hopefully it's only a matter of time before they return. We could really use then down the stretch against the weaker schedule.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY

Basically 10 pages of the same 5-6 posters complaining about how shit the team is and how they hate it, followed by a "can't even lose properly" post game thread.

Never change.....

I'm happy we beat that shambolic excuse of a contender. This was such an important win if we had any aspirations for the playoffs.

Drysdale and Risto are back skating, so hopefully it's only a matter of time before they return. We could really use then down the stretch against the weaker schedule.
This post should be enshrined in the HFB HoF. Same poster bashing other posters for not being happy about the shitty direction the team is going in. Being happy about winning games in a season where the team is really unlikely to win the cup, and a team who is unlikely to have any sustained success for the foreseeable future.

Hey did you guys see the Flyers beat Toronto a top team in the east! They've won like 8 times against top teams.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
From Natural Stat Trick, Leafs won xGF 1.75 - 1.48, not accounting for score effects though.

Leafs hit more posts (5-3), but Flyers had several in close almost-goals that didn’t go but probably do another night.

All in all, the game should have been like 8-8 and could have gone either way. It was a fairly balanced game, which is all you can expect atm.

With the Flyers undermanned defense, there’s no way they are going to win in some dominant fashion. They need some luck, they got it tonight.

The last few games they haven’t gotten any, so this is a bit of regression to that mean perhaps.
Just adding for additional info — That xG stats are from 5v5.

Figure below is the evolving wild shot map location (score/venue adj.) for all situations. FWIW, evolving-hockey had the 5v5 xG battle as 1.91xG to 1.59xG for Toronto.

Money-puck had the Maple Leafs winning ~60% of the time.The Flyers were lucky to score 4 goals on the shots they had (frost and tip's goals as examples). Maple leafs were very unlucky to not score. They missed a number of in-close opportunities (the open-net shot from Domi isn't counted here either because it was blocked by York). Like you alluded to, sometimes that's what happens. Take the two points and move on.

386B5A8F-DF95-4161-8306-B50FB7055962.jpeg

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
“Torts is exactly what we needed at exactly the right time.

This team had such a locker room maturity issue for years. Guys just coasting along, collecting paychecks, being bros. The flyers focused so much on being a great destination for players, that they didn’t really focus on the quality of players they were getting. Torts changed all that

The guy is a short shelf life, sure, but every place he’s gone he’s left it better than when he found it. Dude has made these guys care and gel unlike any coach I’ve seen here since Laviolette. He’s clear and honest about whatever he’s thinking, and he holds everyone accountable no matter what. His sink or swim approach has had more guys swimming than sinking

I don’t think the entire league gets what Torts is doing here. He’s here to change the culture of the team and turn them into winners. I don’t think he ever brings us a cup, but he’s going to build this team into a contender before he’s gone. He’s as big a part of this rebuild phase as any prospect is. And just like everywhere else, whoever comes after him is going to walk into a great situation to take his team to the next level.

He’s a great coach and an absolutely fantastic developer of young talent. Which we haven’t had in a long long time”

Reddit is FLYERED UP baby

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Did something happen with the 3rd Flyers goal last night?

I looked at the score, saw it was 3-0 after the 2nd, then later in the 3rd, it said it was 2-1 Flyers.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
“Torts is exactly what we needed at exactly the right time.

This team had such a locker room maturity issue for years. Guys just coasting along, collecting paychecks, being bros. The flyers focused so much on being a great destination for players, that they didn’t really focus on the quality of players they were getting. Torts changed all that

The guy is a short shelf life, sure, but every place he’s gone he’s left it better than when he found it. Dude has made these guys care and gel unlike any coach I’ve seen here since Laviolette. He’s clear and honest about whatever he’s thinking, and he holds everyone accountable no matter what. His sink or swim approach has had more guys swimming than sinking

I don’t think the entire league gets what Torts is doing here. He’s here to change the culture of the team and turn them into winners. I don’t think he ever brings us a cup, but he’s going to build this team into a contender before he’s gone. He’s as big a part of this rebuild phase as any prospect is. And just like everywhere else, whoever comes after him is going to walk into a great situation to take his team to the next level.

He’s a great coach and an absolutely fantastic developer of young talent. Which we haven’t had in a long long time”

Reddit is FLYERED UP baby
Uh what? How do you figure. CBus is still garbage in the 2 seasons since he left (and they had 1 whole playoff win under him). He was let go after 1 season in Vancouver cause no one wanted to put up with his shit. After he left they had 1 great season, and then missed the playoffs for the next 5 years. For the NYR he rode King Henriks coat tails to success (a goalie who got Alain Vigneault to a cup final). After he left the Rangers were good so long as Lundqvist was good, so I wouldn't say John left it a better place.

Only reason why he has a job now is cause of the backwards ass organization known as the Philadelphia Flyers

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Uh what? How do you figure. CBus is still garbage in the 2 seasons since he left (and they had 1 whole playoff win under him). He was let go after 1 season in Vancouver cause no one wanted to put up with his shit. After he left they had 1 great season, and then missed the playoffs for the next 5 years. For the NYR he rode King Henriks coat tails to success (a goalie who got Alain Vigneault to a cup final). After he left the Rangers were good so long as Lundqvist was good, so I wouldn't say John left it a better place.

Only reason why he has a job now is cause of the backwards ass organization known as the Philadelphia Flyers

I believe the guy you quoted was actually quoting a post off Reddit, for you know, joke sake.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This post should be enshrined in the HFB HoF. Same poster bashing other posters for not being happy about the shitty direction the team is going in. Being happy about winning games in a season where the team is really unlikely to win the cup, and a team who is unlikely to have any sustained success for the foreseeable future.

Hey did you guys see the Flyers beat Toronto a top team in the east! They've won like 8 times against top teams.
I fought it all season. They should have sold everything they could. They should be a bottom of the standings team. They aren't. They are looking like a playoff team and have for pretty much the entire season. Do I think this team is built for a deep run or will be better next year than they are this year? Of course not.

But at this point what are we even complaining about? The team is exceeding expectations by miles. Torts is basically a shoe-in for coach of the year and deservedly so, even if he is mean to your favorite player and nice to your least favorite player (I know, I know, he hates Morgan Frost and doesn't want players to play with skill). The young kids are going to get playoff experience (I know, I know, that doesn't matter they'd be better off losing). They have cap space and four picks int he first two rounds of the next two drafts (I know, I know, they could have more and they will draft veterans instead of draft eligible players). Embrace it. This team is better than we thought and Torts is a better coach than we thought. In the offseason we can get back to hating this team but for now, let's see how far this team can go.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia

This latest round of anger wasn’t about the general direction of the team or draft position though… it was about the “unfair” treatment of Coots. Which is kind of funny given that the general criticism of this franchise from this board is that they’re a dinosaur organization too focused on becoming a retirement home for former players.

I like Coots a lot. Don’t think he deserved the benching last night, but I’d gladly see Coots tarred and feathered and dragged down broad street if it led to a cup. The team success is what I care most about.

I don’t particularly agree with Torts methods all the time and I really don’t agree with his decision to sit Coots, but more often than not when he pulls these strings, he seems to get the desired result. He got the desired result last night. For HFB to be in their feels rooting for losses cause the current generation’s “best flyer” became Torts latest whipping boy is funny.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Never change.....

Torts is trying to fracture the room, I can't grasp how posters can be so excited about this.

Win , lose or tie, he is setting this up for massive failure this year and the future. Unless they plan to buyout Couts, this 100% ends bad.

When Couts and his agent need to speak about it, its a mess.

Reactions: Amorgus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad