GDT: #67 | Leafs at Flyers | March 14, 2024 | 7:30 PM | ESPN+/Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
Ersson def needs to work on his rebound control, probably every facet of goaltending for that matter, but he's been thrown into a pretty impossible situation. I'm sure he could figure it out over time and so on, but yeah, dunno if we really need to be too upset over losing games here, esp with Staal and Johnson on D.

Reactions: BiggE

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
He’s just too inconsistent. And with this schedule , how did they ever think they could make the playoffs.
He was forced into this role because the other guy is a scumbag piece of shit. I am not going to give up on the kid who was thrust into a impossible situation especially now with who we are dressing on defense.

I am so confused. :laugh:
So am I but at my age I get easily confused

Reactions: Curufinwe

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah. I don’t think you can have much confidence in him being THE guy going forward. Way too streaky.

Hes the guy for now I’d say. But I generally few goalies as expandable & not something you marry yourself to long term. But in Ersson’s case I think he’s been good this year on the whole & he’s cheap so he’s good for now imo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t think I’d pull Ersson quite yet. This is the second time in 3 games.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A Powerplay Goal??!!

EaKMbxxXYAAu8ex.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: smokey and BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Todd Fedoruk insinuating that the Flyers aren’t up to blocking shots because Nick Seeler isn’t there

What's the equivalent of this claim in other sports?

"Well, the receivers just aren't up for run blocking today. Not with the mediocre right tackle injured."

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Hulu keeps freezing during commercials, this is some bullshit

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Ersson has played well for a rookie who had been trusted into the starting role, but Briere not getting a vet goalie at the deadline is a huge failure, especially since Raanta was on waivers

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Their top 6 consists of Laughton Cates Hathaway and Poheling. Need to lower your expectations
The cates hath poehling line has been the only line consistently doing anything in the offensive zone these days, huge problem for us, can't really ask mich more from those 3. Our scorers need to be getting on the board or we're done. Its wild how bad the teams on our heels have all been, but every day they miss taking advantage makes it more likely to come back and bite them. Coots farabee tippet frost, these guys gotta get rollin somethin. TK will get going, but hes been slow coming back off the shelf too.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
@VladDrag — Look where Frost positioned himself on the PP goal. It got the puck middle while the PK collapsed too hard. I don’t think I’ve seen that in the last 2+ years? I prefer Frost on the wall, but having a high IQ dual threat in the bumper is interesting (even if he’s just a Bonk placeholder), since they’ve neglected those areas for so long.

Reactions: VladDrag and BigToe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia