Confirmed with Link: #66 and 2016 7th for G Eddie Lack

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Is there any chance that Oilers trade Marincin for Khudobon (and probably something else)?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Totally different goalies. He's much more consistent, but Khudobin is capable of playing like a Vezina level goalie when he's on.

I see. When we got Dobby the Bruins fans were telling us about how he is starter material and we saw it the first year. Easily the best backup we've had for Cam Ward.

I don't know, whatever Francis thinks is best I suppose. I am pretty happy we didn't give up a significant amount so there is that.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Deals like this are why I was so confused by the Lehner thing. Seems like a nice pickup by Ronnie.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's too bad Dobby sucked out loud last year. Chiarelli might be in on this. He lost out on Lehner, Jones, and Lack now. He has familiarity with Khudobin. I'd prefer they just give him Ward for free though. Save $6+ mil and don't have to resign him?

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Is there any chance that Oilers trade Marincin for Khudobon (and probably something else)?

I'm on board for Marincin, since he's a big NHL ready defensemen. But if we acquire him it's time to ship out one of our D prospects for a forward prospect.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
We're missing the important question. Will we be seeing pads with the Canes logo on them? And will he let us design his mask as I believe he has in the past (unless that was Schneider)?

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
I'm liking RF so far. Not only making the right moves but already talking contracts with Ward and Staal instead of getting bent over later in the season with less leverage. If they don't agree to the price we have in mind then find a way to move them. Though I do wish we could have gotten a 1st this year for Sekera instead of making it contingent on playoffs.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
What value has unproven and probably bottom pairing depths dmans like Pesce, Carrick, Biege, Rissanen or Robertson? We should kept that depth even if they acquire Marincin. He has potential to be top 4 dman.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
so...this is awkward.

was advocating trading lack on the canucks boards because the canucks have depth in net and need picks and they move him to my home team.

you guys will love lack. he quickly became a fan favorite in vancouver, mostly for his quirky attitude and twitter feed. he's a pretty good goaltender too, vancity fans are unhappy to see him go...they even had a petition going around not to move him.

he's a good pickup.

Hazed Existence

Nov 27, 2011
I've also heard the Nucks fan love him as he is a supposed class act. So sounds like we are bringing in another character guy into the locker room :handclap:

I'm a Canucks fan.

He's absolutely a character guy. He is the type of backup that teams love to have, with a starter potential. He's also on Twitter a bit and he shows that personality often.

It's a good trade for a goalie that's pretty good. A lot of Canuck fans aren't too happy about the return, but the return for goalies is not very good.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I just... I mean what? Is Lack better than Khudobin by a high third round pick? He may be. I legitimately don't know. I do know that Carolina's "system (lol)" isn't kind to goalie numbers. I guess if we can get a 3rd back for Khudobin I won't mind but like.... can we talk about lateral moves? The only thing I can see is that this is potentially a "Can Lack be our next starter?" thing and Ward insurance in case that extension doesn't get done.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Marincin + EDM 3rd for Dobby + WPG 6th?

Kudobin + 3rd + 4th + 7th
for
Lack + Marincin + Edm 3rd

Lack = Khudobin
Edm 3rd > Car 3rd
Marincin >>> 4th + 7th

Ronnie would have done very well.

Not to mention they save $1.5 million in goalie salary.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I just... I mean what? Is Lack better than Khudobin by a high third round pick? He may be. I legitimately don't know. I do know that Carolina's "system (lol)" isn't kind to goalie numbers. I guess if we can get a 3rd back for Khudobin I won't mind but like.... can we talk about lateral moves? The only thing I can see is that this is potentially a "Can Lack be our next starter?" thing and Ward insurance in case that extension doesn't get done.

Lack is younger, marginally better, and cheaper than Khudobin. I'm sure cheaper is the only one that actually matters in this case. Maybe trading Semin's only comrade will get him to "retire" to the KHL :sarcasm:

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Supposedly a Khudobin to the Ducks deal might be finalized??? According to Renaud Lavoie, had to to translate his French to English.'

edit: okay he posted his english translation to say "#ducks are trying to get Anton Khudobin from Carolina. Could be done today."

so no deal is being finalized yet lol. Darn google translate saying finalized haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad