Post-Game Talk (GBU): #65 The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Ristolainen, Finnish for Extinguisher?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good -

- Risto really, really likes playing the Flames.
- Six goals? From THIS team? Wow.
- Larsson's line getting a couple of sweet tallies.
- Foligno's dangle and a three point night.
- PKing was good.
- Kane dogging the puck to salt it away with the empty netter. Thought their line had good chances in transition, including a couple super feeds from Reinhart.
- McCabe is made of old oak trees and steel.

The Bad -

- PP was not good. The Flames have been chumps when down a man lately and they made them look good most of the night.
- Giordano. What a lousy game.

The Ugly -

- Calgary's lack of discipline. I do not like Hartley as a coach and that is a big part of it.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I have a love/hate relationship with Kane. Some nights he is just incredible, while others it hurts to watch him on the ice. He has all the tools to be a top line winger, just needs to find a center to mesh with. He played great tonight.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Good:
Eichel and Reinhart together could be a dangerous duo!
Foligon Larsson and Gionta line looked great all night
Secondary scoring
Risto!

Bad:
Sam Eichel's forced passes.

Ugly:
Our PP

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Good

- Eichel has looked good since getting out of Cali
- Reinhart's passing skills were evident tonight
- Larsson's strong second half continues, 3C of the future
- Foligno's 2nd 3 point game in the past month, and that goal oh my...
- Gionta fits really well in a 3rd line role
- Deslauriers brought good energy + goal
- Ristolainen goal and overall good play
- Bogosian's offense is existent now, played great tonight

Bad

- Power play
- 1st period
- Flames.

Ugly

- Jonas Hiller.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I mentioned it in a thread last month but there's a decent chance that in a 45 day span our PP will have went from top 5 to bottom 5 and our PK from bottom 5 to top 5 if things stay at their current pace. I wonder if something like that has happened before.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
The Good -

- Risto really, really likes playing the Flames.
- Six goals? From THIS team? Wow.
- Larsson's line getting a couple of sweet tallies.
- Foligno's dangle and a three point night.
- PKing was good.

The Bad -

- PP was not good. The Flames have been chumps when down a man lately and they made them look good most of the night.

The Ugly -

- Calgary's lack of discipline. I do not like Hartley as a coach and that is a big part of it.

Have the Sabres scored a 5 on 3 goal this season? Serious question. Cuz I don't think they have.

G: goalsgoalsgoals
Larsson line
Risto
Sam
Nicky drawing penalties

B: Powerplay
Lehner's second GA seemed weak
Hiller
Carlo

U: Second time in a few weeks that my Labatts has been skunked. Time to stop at a different gas station :laugh:

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
I have a love/hate relationship with Kane. Some nights he is just incredible, while others it hurts to watch him on the ice. He has all the tools to be a top line winger, just needs to find a center to mesh with. He played great tonight.

He should play with Larsson and Foligno. Would be a great shutdown line.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Wow cola only had 8 mins tonight...mccabe over 20

Eichel and reinhart had 23 mins as well

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Have the Sabres scored a 5 on 3 goal this season? Serious question. Cuz I don't think they have.

G: goalsgoalsgoals
Larsson line
Risto
Sam
Nicky drawing penalties

B: Powerplay
Lehner's second GA seemed weak
Hiller
Carlo

U: Second time in a few weeks that my Labatts has been skunked. Time to stop at a different gas station :laugh:

Time to switch up the purchase, not the location of purchase. That's a very Disco approach to the situation.

snowshoes1818

Oct 19, 2014
Good:
Most of what was mentioned before.
Reinhart, Eichel, and Kane right around 23 minutes of ice time. Holy crap!

Bad:
Pysyk elbow
Reinhart, Eichel, and Kane right around 23 minutes of ice time. Holy crap.
Yes, a lot of people scored. Fun game. But the lines on this team after the "first two" right now sans O'Reilly and Ennis are fugly as all...

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I had finally given up on Foligno a couple months ago and was ready to get rid of him. Then he plays like this from that point on. He's so effective when he's engaged. So frustrating.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
His mind moves like his body, 100mph. If only he learned patience and had an ability to see plays develop he would be an elite player. But I have accepted him as he is. He is a very useful player. Hard to play against.

What's weird is he is such a great tactical fighter.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
G:
foligno and the rest of that line
Risto
Reinhart guy is just going to be a fantastic player. Need more of him on the PP distributing the puck

B:
Really didn't think eichel was great tonight until the third with a couple of rushes and the snip. (Check out Sabres Twitter for an unreal gif of the goal shot from behind eichel. Looked like magic). He needs to be a little smarter with his passes.

U:
Disco Dan and his damn power play. Just terrible. Doesn't have his shooters on their off wing it's driving me crazy there's zero percent chance at a pass-shot one timer. It keeps everything to the outside along the walls and opens no passing lines. Eichel looks lost trying to run it. Switch Kane and Eichel Dan!!
Kane is hell to play against but I have yet to see him pass on an odd man rush. Shot. Every Time. Worst part is the shot never hits the net.

Ness

New Age Retro Hippie
Dec 5, 2008
Denver
G: Foligno. Liked Eichel's line for the most part. Liked Larsson's line for the most part. Catenacci is fast.

B: Brodie's defense on Foligno's goal. Hiller.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Time to switch up the purchase, not the location of purchase. That's a very Disco approach to the situation.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sometimes I might be the only one buying Labatt's down here in NC but I have to take what I can get. I run out of the ones I mule down from Buffalo.

Since moving from the East coast to minnesota, the one thing I miss most is my Yuengling.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
G:
foligno and the rest of that line
Risto
Reinhart guy is just going to be a fantastic player. Need more of him on the PP distributing the puck

B:
Really didn't think eichel was great tonight until the third with a couple of rushes and the snip. (Check out Sabres Twitter for an unreal gif of the goal shot from behind eichel. Looked like magic). He needs to be a little smarter with his passes.

U:
Disco Dan and his damn power play. Just terrible. Doesn't have his shooters on their off wing it's driving me crazy there's zero percent chance at a pass-shot one timer. It keeps everything to the outside along the walls and opens no passing lines. Eichel looks lost trying to run it. Switch Kane and Eichel Dan!!
Kane is hell to play against but I have yet to see him pass on an odd man rush. Shot. Every Time. Worst part is the shot never hits the net.

He had a sweet feed to Eichel tonight that hit the post

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Wow cola only had 8 mins tonight...mccabe over 20

So he's averaging about 2 minutes per "****ing COLA!!!!"

McCabe had one of those games where you see the top-4 upside. He's got some real deception to him. How often do forecheckers pressure him and bite on one of his imperceptible fakes and just spin themselves out. Combine that with some nice physicality and some average offense and that could be a #4 guy on a contender.

Physical superiority and talent is great but deception on the ice is one of the really underrated things. Samson is a guy with high deception too.

jrb2590

Mar 15, 2014
Eichel had a few chances tonight off great feeds, couldn't finish. I'm glad he got that PP goal. Could tell he was frustrated.

Welp i stand corrected. Mustve missed em. The 3 on 2 in the third was fresh on my mind. Carry on!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad