Post-Game Talk (GBU): #65 The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Ristolainen, Finnish for Extinguisher?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The shot was the right call there, both lanes passing lanes were blocked.
He needs to start putting them into the goalies shins for rebounds. Especially if he's going to be playing with 3rd line garbage collectors in the future.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
I have a love/hate relationship with Kane. Some nights he is just incredible, while others it hurts to watch him on the ice. He has all the tools to be a top line winger, just needs to find a center to mesh with. He played great tonight.

If he would pass half of the time he shoots, he would likely still lead the team in shots, but also assists.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
He needs to start putting them into the goalies shins for rebounds. Especially if he's going to be playing with 3rd line garbage collectors in the future.

Agree. He shoots high trying to pick the corner way too often, and he usually ends up missing the net completely.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Glad that Jack got the monkey off his back. But he still needs to be performing much much better. He has 2 goals the last 15 games. That's inexcusable for our best/2nd best forward, rookie or not. Eichel isn't just a regular rookie either he is not held to the same standards as other recently drafted 19 year olds. It may not be fair to him but it's simply the way it is.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Glad that Jack got the monkey off his back. But he still needs to be performing much much better. He has 2 goals the last 15 games. That's inexcusable for our best/2nd best forward, rookie or not. Eichel isn't just a regular rookie either he is not held to the same standards as other recently drafted 19 year olds. It may not be fair to him but it's simply the way it is.

I'm glad the internet wasn't around when Gilbert and Barrasso and Housley were rookies. :(

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- almost everything & everyone!
- I like goals, there was much
- nice recovery after the Oiler game, coaching adjustments made, pride and resolve in the players.
- 8 powerplays? I believe in the Wideman conspiracy.

B- alright, the goal song is annoying the 4th time. I voted for it, it was still the best choice available, but that says more about the choices.

nothing ugly, I was too distracted by goals!!

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara

Yes same. Im back on the Eichel wagon for now, but if that guy stops producing again, im 100 percent down to move on from the Eichel era...

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
I am surprised that it hasn't come up yet. What about the hats they were wearing after the game? I am not sure what category to put them in. They were so ugly that everyone is going to want one.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
I'm fine with whatever Eichel ends up with at the end of this season as long as he doesn't just get 3 more points or something.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005

Inexcusable!! Doesn't he read these boards?? We demanded a multi point night against Calgary and we did not get it!

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I don't watch much Calgary Flames hockey, but I do recall a main board thread earlier in the season re: whether Brodie-Giordano is the best top pairing in the league. They certainly weren't anywhere close to that last night.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Yes same. Im back on the Eichel wagon for now, but if that guy stops producing again, im 100 percent down to move on from the Eichel era...

Is this serious?

EDIT: looks like not serious. You can always gauge how crazy people are getting around here on the whole by the time it takes to figure out if this sort of post is sarcasm or not.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If Bylsma insists on playing Reinhart on Eichel's wing, then he should move Kane to another line. But I would prefer:

82 - 22 - 12
28 - 15 - 43 Cat (has the speed to keep up)
_9 - 23 - 19 CO'R
44 - 17 - 26

I felt Gorges had a rough start but settled down.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't watch much Calgary Flames hockey, but I do recall a main board thread earlier in the season re: whether Brodie-Giordano is the best top pairing in the league. They certainly weren't anywhere close to that last night.

Having watched some Hitmen games, they may not even be the top pair for teams in Calgary at the moment.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Damn. What the hell happened to Calgary? Were they a flash in the pan last year? Sabres are better.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Damn. What the hell happened to Calgary? Were they a flash in the pan last year? Sabres are better.

They were lucky last year, just like Colorado when they made the playoffs a few years back. Advanced stats are nice predictive tools.

Ghills23

Young Guns
Aug 12, 2006
Buffalo

Jack has been referring to O'Reilly as Snook lately too. I kept wondering why they called him that until Beyond Blue & Gold showed thats what ROR's parents have called him for years. Needless to say Jack is a fan of the nicknames.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Jack has been referring to O'Reilly as Snook lately too. I kept wondering why they called him that until Beyond Blue & Gold showed thats what ROR's parents have called him for years. Needless to say Jack is a fan of the nicknames.

I'm glad that they're more creative than the traditional just add "-sie" to the end of the players name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad