GDT: #65 - 3/6/15 - Columbus Blue Jackets @ New Jersey Devils 7:00 PM ET

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Severson looked great, a bit reckless at times, but that's a game where we could have scored 5 games if we played with that energy for 60 minutes.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Harrold's Datsyuk dangle was worth watching that 3rd period at least. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Severson looked great, a bit reckless at times, but that's a game where we could have scored 5 games if we played with that energy for 60 minutes.

Ya he made a couple of overly risky plays but I'm not to upset about it. That's his game and usually he does well.

Merrill was good cleaning him up tonight.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Yet if it was Pete behind the bench it would be same ol' don't show up for 50 minutes and get so far behind that they can't make it up. Really is same ol same ol.

It's more about seeing progress from what appears to be the future of this organization.

We weren't seeing any progress from anybody when Pete was here, whether it was more of him or more of the team has been discussed enough and isn't worth getting into once again.

Poor game for the most part absolutely, however there were some bright spots from those we are, again, counting on to be part of the core of this organization going forward.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think Elias doing his impersonation of Kovalchuk cost them the game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just because I know it's coming

Don't count out the CBJ from the playoffs just yet, they're only 14 points back!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He was impersonating himself. He's pulled that move his whole career. He is just too old and slow to cover up his turnovers now.
Elias has never been that careless inside the offensive blueline... that was just a dumb move that had absolutely nothing at all to do with being to slow. He tried a blind cross ice pass two feet inside the blue line...what the hell does that have to do with" slow"?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's more about seeing progress from what appears to be the future of this organization.

We weren't seeing any progress from anybody when Pete was here, whether it was more of him or more of the team has been discussed enough and isn't worth getting into once again.

Poor game for the most part absolutely, however there were some bright spots from those we are, again, counting on to be part of the core of this organization going forward.

Oh I agree. Believe me I'm glad to see the kids staning out in a really good way since Pete left, and I think you can directly attribute there success to the end of his reign. It's just funny that ultimately this is exactly the kind of game we would all be pissed at under Pete and we're actually taking positives out of it now. It's a good thing really. Just shows how much the vibe has changed for the better since Pete was canned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad