Prospect Info: #64 Brandon Hickey

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Just curious on what expectations are for this guy. Haven't seen anything on him recently.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Depends on who you talk to on this board :laugh:

Bottom pair is a decently safe bet, but not a lock.

Upside beyond that? Dunno. Some people see middling pair potential.

About it. He did well when Eichel was holding that team down; when he was exposed a bit he probably took a step back.

He still looks like an NHL caliber D prospect.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Probably ends up as a #5 or 4 if he makes it. Excellent skater, good defender with average offensive skills. Definitely a good prospect, still not a guarantee that he's gonna play. I think Andersson and Kylington are both better, he might have a slightly higher ceiling than Wotherspoon for example.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I think he has the upside to be a #3 or #4. He won't ever score 40 points but he skates very well and uses his size (6' 2") effectively. He has excellent positioning and most importantly, I think he has great vision as well. I think he could be a better version of Smid (when Smid was good).

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He won't get a lot of fan-fare. But he's decently sized, mobile, and can shoot. I could see him being a good fit with an offensive guy like Anderssom or Kyller down the road.

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
Pretty happy that he had the talent to make the WJ team, but like Wotherspoon it may take him a while to make the team (if ever)

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
We are not at risk of losing him if he doesn't sign this year if that is why you are asking.

Since he is playing in college he is not subject to the same rules in terms of re-entry into the draft as a guy like Bleackley or Duke.

I can only assume that is why you asked but if I assumed wrong my apologies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad