OT: 61st Obsequious Banter Thread: Peppermint Fatty Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
The heat is awful, period. Granted, I have had more of it in 6 years than a human being should have to endure in a lifetime, but still.
You should move to this part of Japan

japansnow.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Apparently Lando flirts with Han in the movie, and one of the writers said that Lando is pansexual. Right-wing peeps are now pissed that Lando is gay, and left-wing peeps are pissed that Lando didn't cornhole a Wookiee on the Millennium Falcon control deck. I would really try my hardest to stay in Japan if I were you. This is what it's like here now.

That's sci-fi for you. Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand, etc. Difficult to care about.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
They ****ing ruined Thundercats too.

Edit: How I feel about the vocal tumblr minority ruining everything I love.

giphy.gif

By the way, is there really such a thing as a "vocal tumblr minority," or a "vocal tumblr" anything? I have been gone for a long time. Like I just recently started to kind of understand what reddit is for (i.e. to moan about videogames).

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I can guarantee that no matter what you say someone out there will be offended.

Hell, Cherry Hill East (a local High School) had to issue an apology because they were having their prom at the Constitution Center in Philly and the Prom ticket said "Party like it's 1776" because it was “insensitive and irresponsible not to appreciate that not all communities can celebrate what life was like in 1776.”

Yep, that's the world we live in now. The Russians won.

/rant

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
That's why you just have to give them the Heisman. Arm out. Knee up. And live your own life. There is an opposition group for everything. People aren't going to like you.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I really disliked the newer Teen Titans cartoon at first. The 1st iteration by cartoon network was so solid. However, it took me time to realize that I wasn't the audience for the newer Teen Titans. It's aimed at adults and small children, most likely adults with small children. The pyschology, animation, sound cues, are all tuned for a younger audience than the previous cartoon which was an extension of sorts of the animated DC product which felt like a direct descendant of those awesome Batman cartoons from the 90s.

Steven Universe is a fun cartoon, but Steven Universe influence on Thundercats? That's down right crap. I'm unsure why the repackaging of Teen Titans isn't as offensive. Someone responsible for the approval of this new Thundercat production needs to get punched in the gonads.

Edit:
Adult Swim, plus Toonami coming back. That's for that older teen through young adult. Way back when, the over-night programming was Boomerang, a complete nostalgic throwback to the 60s/70s stock of Hanna-Barbara. It was a big deal when Adult Swim went every night, still the special new shows on Sundays. Cartoon Network is hedging their bets, if you have a bed-time before 8 pm, they got your shows before 8 pm, consistently. If you determine your own bed-time, before 8 pm is a take-it-or-leave-it, and post 8 pm is more adult stuff. (Cartoon Network should buy the rights to the old Tick cartoons to air on weeknights.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chinatown88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad