Prospect Info: 60OA - Hurricanes Select LW Gleb Trikozov

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
They've got enough kids from Donetsk and the Turkic hinterlands to stop bullets. Hockey players are more valuable playing hockey to help keep the bread and circuses going.
Depends on who does the valuation. Certain someone may be willing to go far to underline how Russian youngsters are at his disposal rather than American sports leagues'.

"This Russian youngman hero chose to sacrifice himself fighting the Ukrainian Nazis instead of playing in American sports league!"

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I know this is going to sound kind of laughable, but my keeper is full of really fantastic talent evaluators and our draft is highly competitive. brock from ohlprospects is in it. a few scouts for mckeens, like zach swzeras etc. lots of guys that evaluate talent really well. gleb went 18th overall in our draft and it didn't seem absurd. we actually do our draft prior to the NHL one. I took Miroschnichenko at 20th overall and Isaac Howard at 24th overall (-7 to Tampa) and our results usually mimic the league draft pretty strongly. plus, when the gleb pick was announced there were some groans about him being a target for several other teams slightly lower in the round. I had Miroshnechinko ahead of Gleb but probably before Howard. Interesting that our league was higher for Gleb on the whole than Ivan, but Ivan has some health issues. to me, that lends cred to the idea that gleb was a first round talent without the russia noise.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I know this is going to sound kind of laughable, but my keeper is full of really fantastic talent evaluators and our draft is highly competitive. brock from ohlprospects is in it. a few scouts for mckeens, like zach swzeras etc. lots of guys that evaluate talent really well. gleb went 18th overall in our draft and it didn't seem absurd. we actually do our draft prior to the NHL one. I took Miroschnichenko at 20th overall and Isaac Howard at 24th overall (-7 to Tampa) and our results usually mimic the league draft pretty strongly. plus, when the gleb pick was announced there were some groans about him being a target for several other teams slightly lower in the round. I had Miroshnechinko ahead of Gleb but probably before Howard. Interesting that our league was higher for Gleb on the whole than Ivan, but Ivan has some health issues. to me, that lends cred to the idea that gleb was a first round talent without the russia noise.
Gleb was probably a first round talent regardless if he could have stuck in the VHL for longer than a cup of coffee. He, like Morrow, took a hit because he put up ridiculous numbers against inferior talent.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Depends on who does the valuation. Certain someone may be willing to go far to underline how Russian youngsters are at his disposal rather than American sports leagues'.

"This Russian youngman hero chose to sacrifice himself fighting the Ukrainian Nazis instead of playing in American sports league!"
They may reserve this treatment for kids who really piss them off, but when talented kids start to die, it's harder to deny the fact that you're fighting an actual war.

Reactions: cptjeff and Lempo

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Well, *I'm* thinking we need some updates on him.

@Caser - anything going on with Gleb lately?
It is offseason now in the KHL so not much to update, but one thing that stands out is that the Avangard ogranization has let Ivan Miroshnichenko sign with the Caps, so more chances for Trikozov to take the U20 player's spot on the KHL roster next season.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
It is offseason now in the KHL so not much to update, but one thing that stands out is that the Avangard ogranization has let Ivan Miroshnichenko sign with the Caps, so more chances for Trikozov to take the U20 player's spot on the KHL roster next season.
Thanks for that!

Reactions: MinJaBen and Caser

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
One of the dumbest posts I’ve ever seen on this glebsite. And that’s saying something.

Oh. Maybe should've gone with my first answer:

"Gleb's a-needed".

3ed412240f9ce457a2011dc0c95b60ca1b97dc36ab3c2a6961948dcedf5f558e_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad