Prospect Info: 60OA - Hurricanes Select LW Gleb Trikozov

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
So we get the guy I wanted for trading Tony anyway at #60.

6'1/185 winger from Omskiy Yastreby of the MHL. One of the best young wingers in that league he came on strong late in the season and turned it up a notch in the playoffs.

45 points in 35 games (23/22) and 18 in 13 in the playoffs (10/8).

Was the best player on the board heading into the day by HockeyProspect's black book list.

Last edited:

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Russian forward Gleb Trikozov started his draft season by helping his national team win the gold medal at last summer’s Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. He put up one goal and four assists for five points in five tournament games. Trikozov plays his club hockey in the Avangard Omsk system. He spent the majority of last season in the MHL, Russia’s under-20 league. Trikozov scored 23 goals and 22 assists for 45 points in 35 regular-season games. He also added 10 goals and eight assists for 18 points in 13 playoff games. Trikozov did enough to earn a callup to Omskie Krylia, Omsk’s VHL team. This is the second-highest league in Russia. In limited ice-time Trikozov scored one goal and one assist for two points in 11 games.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Great skill, definitely a sniper. I think on early impressions he’s a more dangerous all around offensive player than Gunler while having a more NHL adaptable game. Double edged sword here, we got a guy who looks like a first rounder on skill because we took the political chance. Now we deal with the political chance for who knows how long and if the guy even wants to be here. A good chance to take, wish we had more higher up picks to make it less risky.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I didn't follow this stuff much this year, but this seems like a good pick. I don't mind taking advantage of the situation to get a guy lower than he should go.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad