Waived: 6 on waivers

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Maybe. Maybe they just don’t like anyone. Which makes sense. They have their own guys that they’ve been developing and that they like for their own taxi squads. To pick up more taxi squad players from other teams may not make sense

Yes - I meant to imply the deadline for other teams to cherry pick our guys .

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I know people are probably still a little sentimental about the Karlsson trade, so naturally we want to hit the "bullseye" on every player and pick we got back so that we can justify we won the trade...but we already did.

Anytime (as rare as it is) a team trades a star NHL player for scraps, you cross fingers that you get at least one NHL caliber player in return that sticks long term, and to me we lucked out with not only one full time NHL'er (Tierney) but also two potential future star players in Stützle and Norris.

If Balcers pans out great, but really at this point we are already crowded with good to great prospects and it is only natural that you lose a good player or two after a long rebuild.

Reactions: Matsens15

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
@devbouz12, Claims are not made publicly.
They are made to the league, which tracks all claims, and at around Noon, the next day, announces who, if at all, were claimed by which team.
Multiple teams might register to claim a player, who is then awarded to the claiming team with worst record
(early in season based on last season, after a designated date, based on active season, that date is in November in a standard league calendar)

From main board. I guess we will all learn all players picked up shortly.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
TBH Hoffman going on waivers was a stupid move even at the time.

No it wasn't. At the time Hoffman was coming off of a 28P/41GP season for Binghamton.

He didn't look like an NHLer and didn't have the AHL numbers to convince teams he was worth giving an NHL spot to.

It only started to look like a bad move when he started lighting up the AHL after he was sent down and then scored 27G the next year.

Balcers is far more proven at the same age. He could be a decent NHL winger right now if given the opportunity.

Reactions: Xspyrit

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Balcers claimed by San Jose, tilting the trade in Doug's favour lol.

Best of luck to Balcers, really Galchenyuk took that spot that Rudolf and Chlapik would have been competing for. Gally better perform.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He is not part of top-23? When did that get announced? And I am not referring to opening night line up, but an available roster spot capped at 23.
He's a part of our 5th line with White and Haley, so he may be our 14th forward

He'll be on waivers by mid Feb

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Rudolph feeling good right about now... NHL roster spot, sunshine. Good luck!

I had hopes for him, oh well.

Reactions: Xspyrit

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Balcers as good as he was at times was wildly inconsistent. Not going to get a roster spot like that.

Sucks to lose an asset we recieved from the Karlsson trade but I'll let Stuetzle/Norris keep my spirits up.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
He's a part of our 5th line with White and Haley, so he may be our 14th forward

He'll be on waivers by mid Feb

As of now Galchenyuk is part of top-23. If he wasn't he would have been waived for the taxi squad. Whether he starts now is irrelevant, as neither Balcers nor Chlapik were going to be part of top-20 either. When Dorion signed Galenchenyuk to a 1-way deal, a top-23 spot went to him. He might be part of the taxi rotation too, which means he can be waived even sooner than February and before the AHL season begins.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Best of luck Rudy. At least he's guaranteed a roster spot now. I want this guy to do very well in the big leagues now.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
The Carolina Hurricanes have claimed goaltender Anton Forsberg off waivers from Edmonton Oilers.

The San Jose Sharks have claimed forward Rudolfs Balcers off waivers from the Ottawa Senators.

The New Jersey Devils have claimed goaltender Eric Comrie off waivers from the Winnipeg Jets.

The Nashville Predators have claimed defenceman Luca Sbisa off waivers from the Winnipeg Jets.

Everyone else on waivers yesterday cleared, including Corey Perry and Tyler Johnson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad