OT: 59th Obsequious Banter Thread: (Giroux + Simmonds + Couturier + Voracek + Patrick + Sanheim) ÷ Gudas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I dont understand how espn hasn't made massive changes at this point. The ship is sinking, your delaying the inevitable, make massive changes to your content,your presentation, your web presence and change gears.

They did what Disney always does - chased the dollar bills and quality, nuance, etc. be damned. They were the Little Engine That Could, but like every single maverick before them which was swallowed by a gigantosaurus, they turned totally corporate and became insufferable. There isn't really anything they can change now - they are ruined and need to go away.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
The fact that all they do is talk about LeBron James and the NBA or tell you a story that makes you openly weep, has made it unwatchable for me.

Also, that 6 o clock SportSCenter is one of the worst television program.

i rather watch the 4 AM infomercials about for how you can grow your appendage's size for a measly 24.99 a month.

Reactions: Rebels57

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I can't wait until the 9th movie when zombie Darth Vader kills Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith with a force choke.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Does anyone know how to listen to 97.5 the Fanatic on the phone?

I've got the app but it streams via the internet and it blacks out Sixers games. Does WIP do the same for Eagles games?

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
watched the first 3 episodes of Stranger Things. Pretty good so far. even with the terrible acting of Sean Astin

Oh man I have been watching it today because my girlfriend thought it was a good idea. About 50% of the time I was only thinking about Astin. "Wait, I know him. I dont remember who he is, but I know him - and I remember I hated him"

Also, finished Westworld season 1 yesterday. I loved the ending

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Oh man I have been watching it today because my girlfriend thought it was a good idea. About 50% of the time I was only thinking about Astin. "Wait, I know him. I dont remember who he is, but I know him - and I remember I hated him"

Also, finished Westworld season 1 yesterday. I loved the ending

my wife and I both had the same reaction when we saw Astin :laugh:
saw Westworld when we had the free HBO for a couple of months. I agree. great ending

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Two more flights until I’m home but I was sick almost the entire time for this work trip. Just awful.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Sean Astin's character on Stranger Things is supposed to be a geeky tool, which is the type of role he's always excelled at. I can definitely relate to having to deal with my mom dating guys when I was a kid and the awkwardness that comes with it.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sean Astin's character on Stranger Things is supposed to be a geeky tool, which is the type of role he's always excelled at. I can definitely relate to having to deal with my mom dating guys when I was a kid and the awkwardness that comes with it.

Yeah he is playing that role fine

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
How can you watch Sean Astin and not see anything other than Rudy?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
BTW it's a very guilty pleasure when your friend invites you over to watch football on his brand new 65 inch 4K TV and your team crushes his. :naughty: So much for the Raiders being the season's Brady Slayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad