GDT: 55 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Las Vegas Golden Fleurys | Welcome back #29!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Do you think Sullivan gives a motivating pep talk when the lines come out and Kuhn is on his line? "Geno, you're the first star of January, the first star of a February so far. You're an amazing player and we need you. When we march into Saigon, the whole platoon is counting on you...you must hold up your end of the bargain...the entire weight of this outfit depends on you!"

More like....

1093171.jpg

1096724.jpg

? :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If this is how they are going to use ZAR they should just send him back down to the AHL and call up Sprong.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Why isn't this a national game? Not even on the NHL Network.

NBC showing Wild and Blues... Geez. More proof that NBC is out of touch with every audience.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

And it's official . . .

I vote 'Dan Sullivan hopes not'

EDIT: Over/under on how long it takes Sully to turn to HMK and how little he'll play them anyway after he does?

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I’m seriously thinking about watching the game on mute tonight. I can’t deal with all the insufferable Fleury talk.

I mean I think the world of the guy. He's a hell of a human being and has proved it with his charitable acts and overall kindness. He was a good goalie with his fair share of demons. It was a great story.

At the end of the day, everything went well. He played terrific and the story was well written. So it's over and everyone is happy. It went PERFECT. Fleury stole us 2 rounds and Murray took it from there. It was the perfect passing of the torch.

But yinzers... good lord. They will never let go.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

And it's official . . .

I vote 'Dan Sullivan hopes not'

EDIT: Over/under on how long it takes Sully to turn to HMK and how little he'll play them anyway after he does?

As soon as LV gets a lead ?....

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I mean I think the world of the guy. He's a hell of a human being and has proved it with his charitable acts and overall kindness. He was a good goalie with his fair share of demons. It was a great story.

At the end of the day, everything went well. He played terrific and the story was well written. So it's over and everyone is happy. It went PERFECT. Fleury stole us 2 rounds and Murray took it from there. It was the perfect passing of the torch.

But yinzers... good lord. They will never let go.
Yeah man. I feel the same way. Fleury’s ASG song selection should have been dedicated to the yinzers/media.

Reactions: TNT87 and ColePens

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I love Fleury as a person and it will be weird to see him playing against the Pens since he basically was the only starting goaltender I have seen before Murray showed up. So I kinda grew up hockey wise with him being the starting goalie of my favorite team. I would love to have them both but the Pens made the right decision and it was a no brainer for everyone who understands hockey. Those Fleury fnatics can be annoying as f***, especially on facebook, but he still was a really loveable guy and long time penguin and he deserves to have a great tribute and a warm welcome. That being said we need the 2 points and I would love to see Sid score 400 on him. Once the puck drops all I care about is the 2 points and everyone who wants Vegas to win because of Fleury should question themselves if they really love the Pens as much as they think

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sully in this interview... "The league is a speed league and the good teams have skaters who can skate" (paraphrasing)

Then dresses Reaves, Kuhn, ZAR, and Rowney.

Oh c'mon Cole, stop whining and think about all the 'leeway' Sully has 'earned'.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
I can't believe I've read comments from Penguin "fans" on other sites saying they are hoping that MAF wins. **** off.

Should be a nice tribute tonight for him.

Lets Go Pens!

Yeah. That's why I've tried to keep away from any pens related sites/social media for the past two days. JFC people. Your team is in a friggin tight playoff race. Fleury wasn't wronged. They didn't run him out of town. His being moved was a hockey decision.

I'll be glad when this game is over and I don't have to see :cry: emojis

Reactions: TNT87

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The cult of fleury is too much.

Sully in this interview... "The league is a speed league and the good teams have skaters who can skate" (paraphrasing)

Then dresses Reaves, Kuhn, ZAR, and Rowney.

And none of those players are slugs, that’s the loophole. It’s that they don't do much to contribute to a speed game.

Reactions: Corvidae
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad