GDT: 55 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs. Las Vegas Golden Fleurys | Welcome back #29!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
marc_andre_fleury_by_nazgul252.jpg

GOLDEN KNIGHTS (35-13-4) at PENGUINS (29-22-3)
7 p.m. ET; TVA Sports, SN1, SNE, SNO, ATTSN-PT, ATTSN-RM, NHL.TV

Golden Knights at Penguins preview
The Game

Goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury will return to PPG Paints Arena for the first time since being selected in the 2017 NHL Expansion Draft when the Vegas Golden Knights face the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday.

Fleury, who won the Stanley Cup three times in 13 seasons with Pittsburgh, will face former protege Matt Murray. Fleury has enjoyed arguably the best regular season of his NHL career in Vegas after backing up Murray for most of last season. He is 15-4-2 with a 1.84 goals-against average and .939 save percentage.

The Golden Knights are 20-4-3 in their past 27 games, including a 2-1 win against the Penguins on Dec. 14, when Fleury made 24 saves.

Pittsburgh is 4-1-0 in its past five games and 9-3-0 in its past 12. It has held opponents to fewer than three goals in four of its past seven games.

Players to watch

Golden Knights forward William Karlsson has 16 points (10 goals, six assists) in his past 16 games.

Penguins forward Sidney Crosby's next goal will be his 400th in the NHL. He has 22 points (three goals, 19 assists) in his past 12 games.

They said it

"[Fleury] means so much to our team. … That's why guys want to bring their best. You can look him in the eye after a game and say, 'Hey man, I gave you my best.'" -- Golden Knights defenseman Nate Schmidt

"[Fleury] was always laughing, smiling, having a good time. I think that just made everyone a little bit happier." -- Penguins forward Bryan Rust

Golden Knights projected lineup

Reilly Smith -- William Karlsson -- Jonathan Marchessault
David Perron -- Erik Haula -- James Neal
Ryan Carpenter -- Pierre-Edouard Bellemare -- Alex Tuch
Oscar Lindberg -- Cody Eakin -- Brendan Leipsic

Brayden McNabb -- Nate Schmidt
Deryk Engelland -- Shea Theodore
Colin Miller -- Brad Hunt

Marc-Andre Fleury
Malcolm Subban

Scratched:
Jason Garrison
Injured: Tomas Nosek (upper body) Luca Sbisa (hand), William Carrier (undisclosed)

Penguins projected lineup

Dominik Simon -- Sidney Crosby -- Bryan Rust
Carl Hagelin -- Evgeni Malkin -- Tom Kuhnhackl
Jake Guentzel -- Riley Sheahan -- Phil Kessel
Zachary Aston-Reese -- Carter Rowney -- Ryan Reaves

Brian Dumoulin -- Kris Letang
Olli Maatta -- Justin Schultz
Ian Cole -- Jamie Oleksiak

Matt Murray
Tristan Jarry

Scratched:
Chad Ruhwedel, Matt Hunwick
Injured: Conor Sheary (lower body), Patric Hornqvist (lower body)

Wy9BMOM.gif

tumblr_okel8dqV9p1w1tun1o1_500.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Vegas is in town as is MAF as well as several other former notable Penguins. Should be a great game but for tonight, bet on black!

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I can't believe I've read comments from Penguin "fans" on other sites saying they are hoping that MAF wins. **** off.

Should be a nice tribute tonight for him.

Lets Go Pens!
Yes, have the tribute but secure the two points for the home team without sustaining injuries.

Reactions: TNT87

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I can't believe I've read comments from Penguin "fans" on other sites saying they are hoping that MAF wins. **** off.

Lemme guess...the Pens Facebook page comment section? :laugh:

And they can f*** off indeed as folks like that I say are Fleury fans first and foremost and were never really Pens fans.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Welcome back, Flower.

Now hopefully he gets rocked for 10 goals tonight by his former team as a welcome back gift.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Lemme guess...the Pens Facebook page comment section? :laugh:

And they can **** off indeed as folks like that I say are Fleury fans first and foremost and were never really Pens fans.

There's no question in my mind that they enjoy it when Murray loses. I've never seen anything like it. Murray had the best GAA and SV% in the postseason yet people are still pissed he replaced MAF. I appreciate what MAF did here but when I read that they gave away the wrong goalie I want to break something. Every team would have done the exact same thing.

I'm glad that MAF is doing great in Vegas. He's a big reason why they are doing so well but damn move on people. He's a class act all the way but I want the Pens to light him up tonight just like every goalie they play against.

The Pens have a shot at a threepeat I hope that doesn't upset the Murray haters.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If it wasn't a special night for #29, I was going to devote this GDT to our piece of trash pluggers we keep dressing each night. It was nice of Sully to basically guarantee #29 a win.

Multiple choice question:
So when the Pens lose this game to another speedy, hardworking checking team, Sullivan's response will be...?
A) we got outworked--we have the players, if only they'd work harder
B) we really needed to play faster players, players who could pass the puck faster in transition, and that's on me. I should have asked for Sprong, Dea and DiPauli to be called up, not played Kuhn anywhere near the top six and sat Reaves and Rowney
C) Fleury played a tremendous game. He's a very good goaltender and more importantly, a great guy and a great teammate

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
There's no question in my mind that they enjoy it when Murray loses. I've never seen anything like it. Murray had the best GAA and SV% in the postseason yet people are still pissed he replaced MAF. I appreciate what MAF did here but when I read that they gave away the wrong goalie I want to break something. Every team would have done the exact same thing.

I'm glad that MAF is doing great in Vegas. He's a big reason why they are doing so well but damn move on people. He's a class act all the way but I want the Pens to light him up tonight just like every goalie they play against.

The Pens have a shot at a threepeat I hope that doesn't upset the Murray haters.

Facebook comment sections for anything are 99% trash. I never read em'

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
We are really playing Kuhn in the top six again? Horrible lineup decision as usual.

I hope Fleury has a disastrous game but Sully is making it tough with that lineup.

Enough with Sheahan playing with good players, he’s awful offensively.

Reactions: Shaffer and KIRK

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Multiple choice question:
So when the Pens lose this game to another speedy, hardworking checking team, Sullivan's response will be...?
A) we got outworked--we have the players, if only they'd work harder
B) we really needed to play faster players, players who could pass the puck faster in transition, and that's on me. I should have asked for Sprong, Dea and DiPauli to be called up, not played Kuhn anywhere near the top six and sat Reaves and Rowney
C) Fleury played a tremendous game. He's a very good goaltender and more importantly, a great guy and a great teammate

He will praise Kuhn’s blocked shot

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad