Rumor: 50/50 Chance Fiala gets traded (No Monahan)

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021

Oops I think you missed something

LMAO. You're way too funny. Still don't get the irony.

I don't care about production. I don't care about anything that makes Fiala look better.

Reinhart is a stud. Better metrics this year. Better defensive play. Better versatility. Makes his teammates better. Similar production. All things you IGNORE

xGAR is driven by shots. It's based on things that are actually happening. What do you think it's made up lmao.

Taking all things into consideration. Reinhart is Underrated.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Oops I think you missed something

LMAO. You're way too funny. Still don't get the irony.

I don't care about production. I don't care about anything that makes Fiala look better.

Reinhart is a stud. Better metrics this year. Better defensive play. Better versatility. Makes his teammates better. Similar production. All things you IGNORE

xGAR is driven by shots. It's based on things that are actually happening. What do you think it's made up lmao.

Taking all things into consideration. Reinhart is Underrated.

i didnt miss anything, just wanted to point out how ridiculous you sound. Fiala isnt getting traded for reinhart. nobody cares how you have a shrine in your house for him, it doesnt increase his value.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
i didnt miss anything, just wanted to point out how ridiculous you sound. Fiala isnt getting traded for reinhart. nobody cares how you have a shrine in your house for him, it doesnt increase his value.

Nobody wants to trade Reinhart for Fiala. I want futures for him. I don't want a guy with similar production, but worse defense that'll make around the same. This is just about one of your fellow Wild fans saying Fiala is much better than Reinhart, without having much to demonstrate that.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I mean his ES production the last 2 yrs is 3rd line caliber and he played most of that time with gaudreau. TJ got paired with a 7th D and declining barely top 4 player while playing 23 mins a night. The criticism has been warranted for monahan.

I mean last season he still put up 24 goals and 56 points in 80 games, and that's with the entire top line struggling. Gaudreau's rates actually regressed more last year than Monahan's did, but you don't ever hear about that.

This season was a write off.. He was producing extremely well prior to his injury, and clearly was not capable of playing up to his abilities. Anyone with a pair of eyes realized that something was definitely wrong.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Nah, I proved your talking point wrong and that's all that matters to me.

You didn't prove anything wrong. You don't even understand what you posted. You just copy and pasted things and thought you were smart. Just raw xGF% is going to be heavily influenced by team. That's why you use relative xGF%.

Relative xGF%
2020-2021

All situations

Reinhart 14.1%
Fiala 8.1%

5v5

Reinhart 4.2%
Fiala 1.3%

2019-2020

All situations

Fiala 9.6%
Reinhart 8.3%

5v5

Reinhart -.05%
Fiala -2.0%

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Blatantly stating that you're trolling. Bold strategy.

"Because I don't care about defensive play in wingers, especially one as dynamic offensively as Fiala. I also don't care about position versatility in wingers."

I'm just learning from your fellow Wild fans.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You didn't prove anything wrong. You don't even understand what you posted. You just copy and pasted things and thought you were smart. Just raw xGF% is going to be heavily influenced by team. That's why you use relative xGF%.
You must have forgotten what you said:
I'm interested in your answer to the "A player that is involved in 100 goals for and is on the ice for 110 goals against. Or the player that is involved in 85 goals for and is on the ice for 65 goals against." that you avoided.
Not a single mention of relative anything. You're moving the goal posts because your point failed.

Reactions: AKL

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
"Because I don't care about defensive play in wingers, especially one as dynamic offensively as Fiala. I also don't care about position versatility in wingers."

I'm just learning from your fellow Wild fans.
You acting like defensive play is super important to be a winger is something else... Winger's primary job is to put up points. Fiala does it better than Reinhart with substantially worse linemates.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
You must have forgotten what you said:

Not a single mention of relative anything. You're moving the goal posts because your point failed.

Please use your brain lmao. It's a hypothetical exercise regarding Draisatil and total production. Has nothing to do with Fiala vs Reinhart. Using raw GF vs GA to compare players would just be stupid. The fact you think that is hilarious.

How can you spend all day on a hockey forum and not understand basic advanced stats?

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
You acting like defensive play is super important to be a winger is something else... Winger's primary job is to put up points. Fiala does it better than Reinhart with substantially worse linemates.
It doesn't exactly hurt that a winger brings more than just scoring. Ya don't see a line at the Yotes door pounding away for Kessel

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It doesn't exactly hurt that a winger brings more than just scoring. Ya don't see a line at the Yotes door pounding away for Kessel

Is Kessel the only example of a winger that doesn't provide a lot of great defensive play that you could come up with?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No, but it's hardly important to him/her

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make. Kessel doesn't play defense and he was a pretty important piece in two Cup runs. So yeah, it doesn't hurt when wingers play good defense, but it's also not even remotely crucial.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021

Oh the irony. You Wild fans crack me up.

He's got slightly better production
I don't care about production.
You > You're a troll

He's better defensively
You > I don't care about defense
I guess you're a troll too?

Yes defense is super important lmao. I can't believe I have to say that. Are "points" helping your team win, when the other team is killing you offensively when you're on the ice?

Fiala isn't producing at a crazy level like Kane or Ovi so he doesn't get a pass for bad defense.

He's only producing slightly better than Reinhart, while being way worse defensively.

You'd rather have a winger that put up 4 more points the last 2 years, but who is way worse on defense. Than a guy who's way better on defense, but put up 4 points less (scored 4 more goals though).

rafterman

Dec 1, 2010
Flyover country
Years ago Pominville was in a terrible goalscoring slump. One of our Dmen(probably Stoner) took a shot from the point that was heading right for his head. He ducked down, trying to hide behind his stick as a last, feeble defense, and closed his eyes. Puck hits off the shaft of his stick, and goes in the net.

Now that's a goal scorer.
pomin3-1205x640.jpg

:laugh:

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Oh the irony. You Wild fans crack me up.

He's got slightly better production
I don't care about production.
You > You're a troll

He's better defensively
You > I don't care about defense
I guess you're a troll too?

Yes defense is super important lmao. I can't believe I have to say that. Are "points" helping your team win, when the other team is killing you offensively when you're on the ice?

Fiala isn't producing at a crazy level like Kane or Ovi so he doesn't get a pass for bad defense.

He's only producing slightly better than Reinhart, while being way worse defensively.

You'd rather have a winger that put up 4 more points the last 2 years, but who is way worse on defense. Than a guy who's way better on defense, but put up 4 points less (scored 4 more goals though).
You said and I quote "I don't care about production. I don't care about anything that makes Fiala look better." That is blatant trolling because you completely throw out what Fiala is better at cause it doesn't fit your narrative.

My point on defense has nothing to do with either player. Wingers are almost never expected to be extremely impactful in the d-zone. Reinhart's defensive numbers might look better this year since he played some center, where defense is more important.

"He's only producing slightly better than Reinhart." Reinhart got to play 1/3 of the season next to Eichel, a nice chunk with Hall before he was traded, and the entire year with Olofsson. I'd say that is a pretty decent cast of top 6 players at the very least. Fiala's most common linemates were Johansson and Hartman. You should know how bad Johansson is and Hartman is a 4th line RW playing center.

Reinhart has at least some semblance of top 6 players with him. Fiala IS his line. He creates everything on his line. Surely you can see and acknowledge this, no? Oh wait, "I don't care about anything that makes Fiala look better." - @MrJumbles234 2021

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
You said and I quote "I don't care about production. I don't care about anything that makes Fiala look better." That is blatant trolling because you completely throw out what Fiala is better at cause it doesn't fit your narrative.

My point on defense has nothing to do with either player. Wingers are almost never expected to be extremely impactful in the d-zone. Reinhart's defensive numbers might look better this year since he played some center, where defense is more important.

"He's only producing slightly better than Reinhart." Reinhart got to play 1/3 of the season next to Eichel, a nice chunk with Hall before he was traded, and the entire year with Olofsson. I'd say that is a pretty decent cast of top 6 players at the very least. Fiala's most common linemates were Johansson and Hartman. You should know how bad Johansson is and Hartman is a 4th line RW playing center.

Reinhart has at least some semblance of top 6 players with him. Fiala IS his line. He creates everything on his line. Surely you can see and acknowledge this, no? Oh wait, "I don't care about anything that makes Fiala look better." - @MrJumbles234 2021

"You said and I quote "I don't care about production. I don't care about anything that makes Fiala look better." That is blatant trolling because you completely throw out what Fiala is better at cause it doesn't fit your narrative."

Why do you think I said that? Think long and hard. I'll even help you a bit.

"My point on defense has nothing to do with either player. Wingers are almost never expected to be extremely impactful in the d-zone. Reinhart's defensive numbers might look better this year since he played some center, where defense is more important."

You completely throw out what Reinhart is better at cause it doesn't fit your narrative.
Mark Stone, you ever heard of him? That winger who shut down Mackinnon. Defense doesn't matter at all though.

""He's only producing slightly better than Reinhart." Reinhart got to play 1/3 of the season next to Eichel, a nice chunk with Hall before he was traded, and the entire year with Olofsson. I'd say that is a pretty decent cast of top 6 players at the very least. Fiala's most common linemates were Johansson and Hartman. You should know how bad Johansson is and Hartman is a 4th line RW playing center."

Completely debunked but nice try. Myth Busting: Sam Reinhart can't produce without Jack Eichel (expectedbuffalo.com)
Just something to add. Olofsson isn't good 5v5. One of the worst in the league.

"Reinhart has at least some semblance of top 6 players with him. Fiala IS his line. He creates everything on his line. Surely you can see and acknowledge this, no? Oh wait, "I don't care about anything that makes Fiala look better." - @MrJumbles234 2021"

Reinhart does face other team's top lines. Fiala doesn't. If you even bothered to read anything I wrote I said they're close players. One is slightly better offensively (Fiala), while one is much better defensively (Reinhart). Think before you reply.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Completely debunked but nice try. Myth Busting: Sam Reinhart can't produce without Jack Eichel (expectedbuffalo.com)
Just something to add. Olofsson isn't good 5v5. One of the worst in the league.
This is a complete failure. I didn't say that Reinhart couldn't produce without Eichel. You missed my point entirely...
Reinhart does face other team's top lines. Fiala doesn't. If you even bothered to read anything I wrote I said they're close players. One is slightly better offensively (Fiala), while one is much better defensively (Reinhart). Think before you reply.
This is where you are wrong. Take your time to figure out why...

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Lmao bro are you still trying to push Reinhart > Fiala narrative?

Your argument basically hinges on Reinhart doesn't have inflated stats because he was playing center. Which btw... he was shit at. The 38% faceoff percentage and minus career since he joined the league points too it and even your team itself can't even figure out if he's a winger or a center. Answer is pretty clear and if you're playing him where he belongs he's playing next to Eichel.

This is absurd. Fiala played with Grey beards Parise and Staal last year, and Hartman and Johansson this year.

It's clear who's the better player. Stats or eye test. Everyone knows.

Reinhart was shit at center lmao. You guys continue to make absolute fools of yourself. He was phenomenal at center this year. If you want to keep giving Fiala excuses for his teammates Reinhart had worst contract in the league Skinner and worst 5v5 player in the league Olofsson.

1. He had a 45 face off % when actually playing center this year.
2. Using face off % to say how good someone is at center one of the dumbest things I've read on here.
3. Anybody who isn't a Wild fan is taking Reinhart.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
This is a complete failure. I didn't say that Reinhart couldn't produce without Eichel. You missed my point entirely...

This is where you are wrong. Take your time to figure out why...

You don't have a point. You just don't understand basic advanced stats. It's for you and your Wild buddies who are giving the "stapled to Eichel" argument.

Fiala has slightly better offensive production, while having slightly worse offensive underlyings this year. Fiala is bad at defense though.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You don't have a point. You just don't understand basic advanced stats. It's for you and your Wild buddies who are giving the "stapled to Eichel" argument.

Fiala has slightly better offensive production, while having slightly worse offensive underlyings this year. Fiala is bad at defense though.
Wow. You really don’t get it. I’m impressed.

Reactions: MuckOG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad