Rumor: 50/50 Chance Fiala gets traded (No Monahan)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Mike Russo of the Athletic today said he believes there’s a 50/50 chance that Fiala gets traded this summer as the Wild cap crunch ramps up and the search for a center for Kaprizov continues. Has stated the organization really likes him, but it’s dollars and cents and Fiala will want a lot in RFA.

24yo top line winger who has paced for an average of 68 points the past two seasons, as well as 30+ goals. It would be my preference to not move him. Hopefully we’d only consider it if it’s in a trade for a number one center, but Fiala almost got traded (reportedly) last time the two sides went at it in contract negotiations.

Starts at an (1:15:00)#92Noon! Russo Radio! - Lapanta/Smith/Guerin/Walsh/Friedman - KFAN Clips | iHeartRadio

Last edited:

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
What 1C's are actually available and of those which are close enough in value to Fiala to consider him as the centerpiece? I doubt it's a long list.

Reactions: TFHockey

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I can't wait to get lowballed for Fiala now too.

These types of rumors should come with a disclaimer that he's only moved to address a need, not because we simply want to be rid of him, and the value of the return should reflect that.

Reactions: GuerinUp

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What 1C's are actually available and of those which are close enough in value to Fiala to consider him as the centerpiece? I doubt it's a long list.

It's not, that's the problem with trading him.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I can't wait to get lowballed for Fiala now too.

These types of rumors should come with a disclaimer that he's only moved to address a need, not because we simply want to be rid of him, and the value of the return should reflect that.

I could see a Fiala-based package for Eichel happening here if Minnesota is willing to put the right amount of futures in. If that's what it'll take to keep Kaprizov happy, I think you have to bite that bullet.

Reactions: Saucechucker99

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Mike Russo of the Athletic today said he believes there’s a 50/50 chance that Fiala gets traded this summer as the Wild cap crunch ramps up and the search for a center for Kaprizov. Has stated the organization really likes him, but it’s dollars and cents and Fiala will want a lot in RFA.

24yo top line winger who has paced for an average of 68 points the past two seasons, as well as 30+ goals. It would be my preference to not move him. Hopefully we’d only consider it if it’s in a trade for a number one center, but Fiala almost got traded (reportedly) last time the two sides went at it in contract negotiations.

I’ll add a link to the clip when the podcast becomes available.

I can think of one Kenny Holland who should be picking up the phone here. Picks and prospects are cheap, Mr. Guerin.

A 1C isn't in the cards for most trades, unfortunately. 99% of the time you have to draft and develop them. Maybe see what Buffalo would want in an Eichel deal?

Reactions: Ragdoll and ujju2

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I can think of one Kenny Holland who should be picking up the phone here. Picks and prospects are cheap, Mr. Guerin.

A 1C isn't in the cards for most trades, unfortunately. 99% of the time you have to draft and develop them. Maybe see what Buffalo would want in an Eichel deal?
If a 1Cs not coming back I’d think we’d keep him and move out money somewhere else. I think it really comes down to how negotiations go.

Reactions: BHD

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

Who is Edmonton willing to part with? Holloway is apparently out of the question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad