Rumor: 50/50 Chance Fiala gets traded (No Monahan)

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I wasn't a fan of Fiala when he first came to MN, and still have issues with his turnovers and odd retaliatory, or just dumb penalty, but have come to appreciate him more and more. Unlike many smallish, skilled players he is strong on his skates, and very strong on the puck. His penalties come about because he is combative and competitive...not the worst thing in the world, though I'd prefer if he had someone like Foligno or Greenway on his line to take care of the guys who bait him. The bottom line is that the guy gives effort...he is not a floater.

His production should be higher than it is, but I put that down to him having some mediocre at best linemates. His best linemate last year, arguably, was Ryan Hartman, who is a decent bottom six RW, yet was playing #2C. Not his fault, but that's not going to help Fiala any.

Like Boeser, but I just don't see the need for this trade for either team. If Boldy goes on the other wing on his line and plays like i think he can (top 6 W minimum)then Fiala should start to put up more points both at 5v5 and on the PP.
Fair enough! You're right about not being a floater, the guy definitely cares. I'm sure with maturity and support he'll learn to reign it in a bit.

I'd be thrilled if Vancouver acquired him, I just don't see a fit asset-wise that makes sense. Even though he's already "broken out" in the last two season, I think he's got another level to game and I expect him to hit it if Minny can find him a good C. He'd be a great fit with Horvat and Hoglander though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad