GDT: #5: NJ Onis at Calgary Honos; 9pm; MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
This game wasn't even HD tonight.

I rushed home from DC through a storm 90 MPH to watch this crap.

I blame Lou Lamoriello. I want to hear Yoda talk to the fans. What did he do to our team? Why is he hiding. Find a mic Lou.

Are Harris and Blitzer still wearing extra tight Devil caps and:bb: saying "In Lou we Trust?"

they should look at the decision to keep 29th overall.

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
A D of:

Larsson-Greene
Fayne-Zidlicky
Salvador-Gelinas

would probably have won at least 3 of the 4 games in which they blew leads.

Also, the old geezers on the top line getting trapped in the offensive zone is getting old fast. If they aren't scoring a goal they're giving up an odd man rush. Unfortunately I don't think splitting them up helps.

Too bad we have that vital Volch-Harrold 3rd pairing blocking Fayne and Gelinas.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Flames fan in peace. Wanted to say good game guys, I know we got a bit lucky with the refs there, it's always a shame when a win can be pointed to those guys, but I'll take the 2 points.

I'd like to see some of your younger guys playing a bit more, nad it seems you guys are in the same boat on that.

I've always liked the Devils since I was a little kid, so I do wish you guys the best, I'd like to see you guys swing things around and make the playoffs over a lot of the other teams in your division.

You're damn right. Larsson is absolutely abused by Pete DeBoer. Loktionov plays real well then has one braindead mistake (which was mostly on the worst d-pairing in NHL history Harrold-Volchenkov) and now he's scratched. Fayne is also treated horribly by the coach.

As far as the even younger guys, Urbom was just about NHL ready, and he was waived so Volchenkov and Harrold could play and he gets given away for free to play in the NHL with Washington. Gelinas had a great camp and looks real good... but he was sent to Albany inexplicably. Jon Merrill is young and doesn't have any NHL experience besides a few pre-season games and HE looked much better than Volchenkov, Harrold, and Salvador in the pre-season.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
5 game win streak starting against the Former Thrashers.
Will pass Kovalchuk bad joojoo back to them, and all will be right with the world

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Flames fan in peace. Wanted to say good game guys, I know we got a bit lucky with the refs there, it's always a shame when a win can be pointed to those guys, but I'll take the 2 points.

I'd like to see some of your younger guys playing a bit more, nad it seems you guys are in the same boat on that.

I've always liked the Devils since I was a little kid, so I do wish you guys the best, I'd like to see you guys swing things around and make the playoffs over a lot of the other teams in your division.

ive been a huge fan of trevor kidd since his draft....

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I feel bad for Pete. I really do. His lineup choices are really puzzling sometimes but you can't blame that 3rd goal on his coaching. There is no way that he's instructing this team to constantly blow assignments the way that they do.

There is no way that he's instructing his team to effectively not constantly blow assignments either.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
You're damn right. Larsson is absolutely abused by Pete DeBoer. Loktionov plays real well then has one braindead mistake (which was mostly on the worst d-pairing in NHL history Harrold-Volchenkov) and now he's scratched. Fayne is also treated horribly by the coach.

As far as the even younger guys, Urbom was just about NHL ready, and he was waived so Volchenkov and Harrold could play and he gets given away for free to play in the NHL with Washington. Gelinas had a great camp and looks real good... but he was sent to Albany inexplicably. Jon Merrill is young and doesn't have any NHL experience besides a few pre-season games and HE looked much better than Volchenkov, Harrold, and Salvador in the pre-season.

And I mean, look at us, not trying to brag at all, just saying we've got a couple of young guys, and a lot of 20s something guys who aren't the best guys, but they've all bought in, and give it their best every night, so even in a bad game or losing effort, we can just be happy ot watch our players put forth the effort and compete level, and I think if you're young guys got some ice time, you'd get something similar there.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's sad but I almost don't want Gelinas in the lineup because I fear Pete will destroy him the way he did Larsson. You can't play the game with fear. You can't fear making a mistake. You just have to play. Pete makes all the young guys afraid to just play. You should be concerned about making mistakes, but if you play the game knowing just one mistake is going to put you on the bench, well there is no way you will ever reach your potential.

Mory Schneideur*

The positive is we had the lead every single game. The negative is the defensive breakdowns. You can't even blame the goaltending, the D just flat out sucks.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
How about feeling bad for the Devils fans forced to watch this crap? :rant:

Well you won't lose your job because of them. But yeah, its frustrating. They seem to be in most games but all you really need to do is watch the last 5 to 10 minutes of the game. They either lose late or lose after regulation. They haven't been able to win games for about half a season now.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
It's sad but I almost don't want Gelinas in the lineup because I fear Pete will destroy him the way he did Larsson. You can't play the game with fear. You can't fear making a mistake. You just have to play. Pete makes all the young guys afraid to just play. You should be concerned about making mistakes, but if you play the game knowing just one mistake is going to put you on the bench, well there is no way you will ever reach your potential.

And that's another reason why its time for Pete to get the pink slip. You can't develop young players when you have a stubborn coach who will slot in the below average veterans as soon as the young guy does something wrong. If amazing how right Panthers fans were when it came to telling us that Pete isn't good with young players.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Thanks for your class. Good luck to you this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad