GDT: #5: NJ Onis at Calgary Honos; 9pm; MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueliner

Tough Building
Sep 18, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
Just too many extras cast in key roles who can't (and shouldn't) be expected to contribute more than they're reasonably capable of.

We're a team glued together with 3rd & 4th liners. And we're playing like it.

It sucks but its no great revelation.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Flames fan in peace. Wanted to say good game guys, I know we got a bit lucky with the refs there, it's always a shame when a win can be pointed to those guys, but I'll take the 2 points.

I'd like to see some of your younger guys playing a bit more, nad it seems you guys are in the same boat on that.

I've always liked the Devils since I was a little kid, so I do wish you guys the best, I'd like to see you guys swing things around and make the playoffs over a lot of the other teams in your division.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Pissed? HE WAS LAUGHING.

He was pissed. Those chuckles helped him hold back from exploding on the media and just plain being a dick. He was pissed, didn't want to be there.

The anti-torts approach.

Pete is usually good at showing nearly zero emotion to the media but he was about ready to explode...which I'm sure he did in the room.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
He was pissed. Those chuckles helped him hold back from exploding on the media and just plain being a dick. He was pissed, didn't want to be there.

The anti-torts approach.

Pete is usually good at showing nearly zero emotion to the media but he was about ready to explode...which I'm sure he did in the room.

Well atleast he wouldnt be head coach of the NJ Devils anymore

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
One of the consistent themes from last year...how are other teams able to get shots on net from their d-men while the Devils never seem to get a shot on net from their D? I feel like the preseason had contributions from the D. Now, nothing. What's different?

its why jon sim is a preseason legend...not the same game. half lineups...and people playing with zero experience together and people trying to make a contract happen.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Flames fan in peace. Wanted to say good game guys, I know we got a bit lucky with the refs there, it's always a shame when a win can be pointed to those guys, but I'll take the 2 points.

I'd like to see some of your younger guys playing a bit more, nad it seems you guys are in the same boat on that.

I've always liked the Devils since I was a little kid, so I do wish you guys the best, I'd like to see you guys swing things around and make the playoffs over a lot of the other teams in your division.

Wideman is underrated. You wish the younger players saw ice time? Yeah, you might be a HF Devils fan.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

The anti-torts approach.

He was definitely pissed. Because he decided to not explode on TG or Deb like Torts on Nosen. Doesn't mean he wasn't pissed.

Come on now. Reaching there.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
One of the consistent themes from last year...how are other teams able to get shots on net from their d-men while the Devils never seem to get a shot on net from their D? I feel like the preseason had contributions from the D. Now, nothing. What's different?

I'm positive Andy Greene has zero shots on goal this season. He is Rafalski 2.0 on the power play. Never ever ever ever gets a shot through on to the net. Always straight into the shin pads of the defender or his own player. Everyone is complaining about the usual 4 guys, but I haven't seen anything redeeming in Andy Greene's play either. The others are making him look good when he clearly is not.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Volchenkov needs to gtfo now, he's beyond terrible at this point. I'm beyond pissed that we are scratching Larsson or Fayne and keeping this slow, useless pylon in the lineup.

Buckingham Claude*

This game wasn't even HD tonight.

I rushed home from DC through a storm 90 MPH to watch this crap.

I blame Lou Lamoriello. I want to hear Yoda talk to the fans. What did he do to our team? Why is he hiding. Find a mic Lou.

Are Harris and Blitzer still wearing extra tight Devil caps and:bb: saying "In Lou we Trust?"

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
A D of:

Larsson-Greene
Fayne-Zidlicky
Salvador-Gelinas

would probably have won at least 3 of the 4 games in which they blew leads.

Also, the old geezers on the top line getting trapped in the offensive zone is getting old fast. If they aren't scoring a goal they're giving up an odd man rush. Unfortunately I don't think splitting them up helps.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I feel bad for Pete. I really do. His lineup choices are really puzzling sometimes but you can't blame that 3rd goal on his coaching. There is no way that he's instructing this team to constantly blow assignments the way that they do. And as far as the lineup is concerned, you never know what is going on behind the scenes. I'm starting to get the feeling that there is some country club type of **** going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad