GDT: #5| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | September 1st | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
I can't fault Varly for this. I don't remember exactly but there were a lot of tip ins that weren't his fault.
I agree that you can’t really fault him, but he didn’t really make any big timely saves either. I think I’d go Greiss in game 6 just for the fact that I think it would spark the team.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
A swollen shut eye is no problem? Thank God you're not my doctor.

...what? I said his eye was likey swollen shut so he can't play during OT, but given time and ice he'll he okay.

With only one eye you lose all depth perception.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Watch the reply - didn't get his skate - stick hit him above ankle - and a bit of embellishment there

Last time I checked a players ankle is within their skate.

And if you want to get technical, who gives a shit if it was the skate or not.

57.1Tripping - A player or goalkeeper shall not place the stick, knee, foot, arm, hand or elbow in such a manner that causes his opponent to trip or fall
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Stop blaming the refs. We played like garbage for 55 minutes of the game, got lucky they hit 3 pipes and made the same mistake as last OT by forcing a silly icing.

End of story. We’re on to Thursday

Reactions: Duanesutter12

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
Re focus on game 6. Sucks we allowed them back in and gave them life
A little too fancy in O zone tonight. One pass too many a bunch of times.

Except for last 5 minutes Flyers beat us tonight. Don’t want to hear about refs or icings. if we are lucky enough to win this series this we will get buried if we play the way we did last 2games against Tampa

not on Varlamov either. How many tip ins are stoppable. He made a lot of great saves. Can’t stop everything.

let’s hope # 13 is ok and we bring our A game Thursday

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Regardless of how far the Isles go in the playoffs, I want to see Leddy flash some speed and make some highlight reel plays.

Shine him up and put the For Sale sign on the lawn.

After that, Lou better sell high on Leddy in the offseason and free up some money for the RFAs and any other signings.

Last edited:
Reactions: danteipp

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Could be swelling with no actual eye damage
Or it could be close enough to the eye that they didn’t want the trainer throwing some quick stitches in there and sending him out. May want to have someone with a bit of skill taking a look at it first.

But I was surprised not to see him. I wonder if we were down 3-2 if that would have changed the equation.

On the other side, I can’t imagine Couterier bring back on Thursday, right? Any knee injury that would keep him out of 2 periods would likely keep him out 2 days from now you’d think.

I’d rather both sides get their top players back and go at it at full speed.

patrick kitchin

Feb 26, 2018
He sure as hell made the right call putting Pitlick in with Hayes! They've been your two best players all series and they were great together tonight!

He has been keeping Ghost on the bench for Hagg. That is inexcusable. Along with Raffl sitting over Grant and Thompson. They both suck. Poor NAK being stuck on the 4th with them. Garbage line that almost cost us the game and has costed us games.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Last time I checked a players ankle is within their skate.

And if you want to get technical, who gives a shit if it was the skate or not.

57.1Tripping - A player or goalkeeper shall not place the stick, knee, foot, arm, hand or elbow in such a manner that causes his opponent to trip or fall
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Stop blaming the refs. We played like garbage for 55 minutes of the game, got lucky they hit 3 pipes and made the same mistake as last OT by forcing a silly icing.

End of story. We’re on to Thursday

Not at all blaming the refs for the loss, just a few.calls (or non-call)
They lost because they played 55 mins

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
When Brass potted the tying goal I wanted to bear his child.

But honestly he had his typical bad game and was in the right place at the right time. Tremendous play by Clutter.

Huge goal by Brass being in the right place at the right time, however, at least when I was watching him, he looked lost and was getting destroyed physically.

I would rather see Ross in there laying 10+ hits (assuming he plays smart hockey again) and doing work on the boards.

Ross can wear down an opponent and help generate turnovers with players rushing plays.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
He has been keeping Ghost on the bench for Hagg. That is inexcusable. Along with Raffl sitting over Grant and Thompson. They both suck. Poor NAK being stuck on the 4th with them. Garbage line that almost cost us the game and has costed us games.
Yeah look, I don't know enough about your team to comment on that but he made great changes for this game and it worked. I should remind you- you won the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad