GDT: #5| New York Islanders @ Philadelphia Flyers | September 1st | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
NEW YORK ISLANDERS AT PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

NEW YORK ISLANDERS VS PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

GM 5 | SEP. 1 | 7 PM | SCOTIABANK ARENA

WATCH: NBCSN | CBC | SN | TVAS | NHL.TV

LISTEN: 88.7FM | 98.7 FM | 103.9 FM | SIRIUSXM CH 91

Preview

The New York Islanders and Philadelphia Flyers meet Tuesday in game five of the NHL East Second Round at the Scotiabank Arena.

The New York Islanders look to advance to their first conference finals for the first time since the 1992-93 season with a victory here.

The New York Islanders are averaging 3.31 goals per game and are scoring on 17.8 percent of their power play opportunities. Anthony Beauvillier leads New York with seven goals, Josh Bailey has 11 assists and Anders Lee has 44 shots on goal.

Defensively, the New York Islanders are allowing 1.69 goals per game and are killing 78.4 percent of their opponents power plays. Semyon Varlamov has given up 19 goals on 293 shots faced and Thomas Greiss has allowed three goals on 59 shots.

The Philadelphia Flyers need a victory here to save their season and force a game six on Thursday. The Philadelphia Flyers are averaging 2.23 goals per game and are scoring on 9.1 percent of their power play opportunities. Jakub Voracek leads Philadelphia with four goals, Kevin Hayes has seven assists and Claude Giroux has 31 shots on goal.

Defensively, the Philadelphia Flyers are allowing 2.23 goals per game and are killing 79 percent of their opponents power plays. Carter Hart has allowed 22 goals on 321 shots faced and Brian Elliott has allowed five goals on 56 shots.

The Islanders are 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Philadelphia and 7-1 in the last 8 meetings. The home team is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. The favorite is 53-19 in the last 72 meetings. The over is 7-1 in the last 8 meetings in Philadelphia and 12-3-1 in the last 16 meetings.

We keep waiting for the Philadelphia Flyers to show up and get back in this series, but outside of their game two overtime victory, they've been outplayed in this series.

The New York Islanders continue to be stingy on the defensive end and Greiss has stood on his head at times in game four where he faced 38 shots on target and allowed just two goals.

WQPKfVU.png

Playoff Series History

1974-1975

1975 NHL Semi-Finals: NYI vs. PHI | Hockey-Reference.com

1979-1980

1980 NHL Stanley Cup Final: NYI vs. PHI | Hockey-Reference.com

1984-1985

1985 NHL Patrick Division Finals: NYI vs. PHI | Hockey-Reference.com

1985-1986

1987 NHL Patrick Division Finals: NYI vs. PHI | Hockey-Reference.com

All Time Record VS Flyers

.........................ALL GAMES...........................................................HOME..............................................................AWAY.....................................................PLAYOFFS.....................
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
W-L-T
WIN%
GFPG
GAPG
W-L-T
WIN%
GFPG
GAPG
W-L-T
WIN%
GFPG
GAPG
W-L
WIN%
GFPG
GAPG
122-154-2644.73.03.373-64-1553.03.13.049-90-1136.32.73.514-1548.32.83.1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Probable Starting Goalies:

XJgoCH7.png

Possible Lineups:

zHbr8eU.png

Team Leaders:

x37FwIh.png

Game 1 Recap

Islanders vs. Flyers - Game Summary - August 24, 2020 - ESPN

Game 2 Recap

Islanders vs. Flyers - Game Summary - August 26, 2020 - ESPN

Game 3 Recap

Flyers vs. Islanders - Game Summary - August 29, 2020 - ESPN

Game 4 Recap

Flyers vs. Islanders - Game Summary - August 30, 2020 - ESPN

Last edited:

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
This team gets it. You can tell they want to win and are willing to do what it takes. Out of the 3 series so far, this is the most confident I’ve been about this team closing out on the first try. If they don’t, you shake it off and go again, but I think they will. Ebs started turning it up as did Brock. Almost the whole team is going now.

Trotz has this entire team 100% bought in to what they need to do, from Uncle Leo to Barzy and every one in between. They are ready to go to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time since 1993! Let’s Go Islanders!!!!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I thought Trotz really has the boys set up to play tonight, he called the last game one of the Isles worst this post season, and still won. Good mind set to have, a close it out mentality. Isles play better, and it should be off to Edmonton. Let's hope.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I thought Trotz really has the boys set up to play tonight, he called the last game one of the Isles worst this post season, and still won. Good mind set to have, a close it out mentality. Isles play better, and it should be off to Edmonton. Let's hope.

Unfortunately last time he said that it worked for everyone but Varlamov who sucked that next game. Maybe it’s good he didn’t play game 4

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
We are 2-2 in elimination games so far. Hopefully, they learned a thing or two from those losses against Florida and Washington – 50% effort is not enough.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Unfortunately last time he said that it worked for everyone but Varlamov who sucked that next game. Maybe it’s good he didn’t play game 4
Yeah Goaltending is key, I am going to take the optimistic approach. I think the Isles and Trotz can smell blood. Flyers may want out of the bubble and to go home. The Isles broke their spirit last game. This is not a game I want to park the bus, or atleast in the first I don't. Get the lead, and bring it home. I hope the players can see they can stamp a 25% chance of winning the cup tonight.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
We are 2-2 in elimination games so far. Hopefully, they learned a thing or two from those losses against Florida and Washington – 50% effort is not enough.

Good point and I'm sure Trotz will remind them of that tonight.

Reactions: MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad