Post-Game Talk: 5-4 Devils over Ottawa: Gimmie Moore Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Severson had a terrible 1st period, but he played very well in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Santini was the one who really struggled tonight.

To be fair, the front 4 had to play a LOT, because Hynes only gave Butcher-Prout 12 minutes of ice time. That's really not good in terms of keeping guys fresh.

We can’t be icing Prout anymore. Mueller, warts and all, is the superior choice here.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
If we win tomorrow, the hype train will leave the solar system.

DeficientWindingKiskadee-small.gif

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I still don't know where to put Zajac and Boyle when they get back. I love the 4th line.

I'm not convinced we're going to see Boyle any time soon. I hope i'm wrong but those kind of chronic health conditions can really take their toll, it might be better for him to spend the entire year on LTIR and focus on getting well again.

Zajac returning will be a huge boon, especially on the PK. Personally I'd keep Gibbons & Coleman in the lineup until their performance justifies taking them out; Noesen & Hayes should be the healthy scratches once Travis returns.

Hall - Hischier - Stafford
Johansson - Zajac - Palmieri
Henrique - Zacha - Bratt
Wood - Coleman - Gibbons
Noesen, Hayes, Boyle (IR), McLeod (Juniors?)

Reactions: Blender

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
So I went out after the first period and streamed the radio broadcast for half the second. The last thing I heard was Ottawa's 3-2 goal.

Did Severson sit after that penalty? Because it sounded like an unnecessary, selfish penalty. The type I'd play I'd hope Hynes nips in the bud.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Prouts undisciplined penalties in his limited ice time is annoying. That is a deal breaker.

Even when he's not in the box he's not very good.

I said in the GDT that IMO, he's not long for the NHL world. He's a guy playing a 1997 defensive game in 2017's NHL.

Reactions: glenwo2

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
This win was so exciting I bought tickets for tomorrow's game. Not sure if I'll drive in or take the hype train out of New Bruns!

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
We can’t be icing Prout anymore. Mueller, warts and all, is the superior choice here.

werent you the guy hating on people bringing up someones weight? and now you bring up warts? are they even warts? guess its ok cause hes a guy. come on maaaaaan

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm not convinced we're going to see Boyle any time soon. I hope i'm wrong but those kind of chronic health conditions can really take their toll, it might be better for him to spend the entire year on LTIR and focus on getting well again.

I do. He has CML (a blood cancer), which is generally not that aggressive (relatively speaking) at the start. My guess is he plays this year and possibly next year too before calling it a career.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The only two teams ahead of us in the East is Toronto and Tampa. We have wins over both. Still are Toronto’s only lose.

Tampa looks like the class of the East too
It's not like we've played all easy teams (no such thing really). We've beaten some very good ones.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
I do. He has CML (a blood cancer), which is generally not that aggressive (relatively speaking) at the start. My guess is he plays this year and possibly next year too before calling it a career.

ok, but when this year? feb? march?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly I am fine with the on ice defensive mess ups for the most part.

This is a blue line that is really young, inexperienced, and needing at least one more talented Dman.

For all of the above that aren’t doing too bad a job.

We just need to really crack down on penalities. That isn’t acceptable and it has nearly cost us a few times.

Reactions: DerekDevils30

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the way I'd love to play most nights. Perhaps some of the domination was score effects due to trailing by multiple goals, but I thought we looked great even before we were trailing.

Maybe Cory had something nagging, which would explain his drop in play over the past few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad