Post-Game Talk: 5-4 Devils over Ottawa: Gimmie Moore Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Moore is beyond bashing...I just shake my head and throw up my arms these days.

just have some faith in him. he is a great team guy and wins moore, get it?, games than he loses. om happy hes a devil. only good player weve taken from the rangers. wait for the hockey geniuses to tell me im wrong. haha

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No of course not, I'm just curious if Niedermayer ever did play 3v3. It's quite possible he never did.
He may have in the event that there were matching minors in OT, kind of like when we had that 3 on 3 against the Kings in 13-14, before it was the standard for OT. I think there were matching minors in OT.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The stupid slashes and interference behind the play is stupid. Why even do something that has no bearing on the play? They have to clean that crap up.

Lots of people getting called out turned into goats in this one.

We got away with one or two potential roughing calls as well. Prout could have had one and Wood too.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
We got away with one or two potential roughing calls as well. Prout could have had one and Wood too.

and they got away with like a gazillion. we have to be better thats for sure. but its getting absurd now. the zebras always look the other way when it comes to us. thanks schonefeld

Reactions: glenwo2

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
we have good offense and we have not good defense, but so far our offense has been gooder than our not good defense :)

We push the play enough at evens that it takes some pressure off the D and our goaltending has been good enough to clean most of the mistakes up.

It all tumbles down on the PK. We don’t really have the horses to defend in these situations, especially at the rate we are being forced to kill. Zajac and Boyle will help a lot here, but the best fix is to cut down on the penalities.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
With the way they're playing right now, I'd take Prout over Mueller

What on earth are you basing that on?

Honestly, I've got nothing that I can possibly think of to back up the bolded statement. Not even, "Prout has better oral hygiene".

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
and they got away with like a gazillion. we have to be better thats for sure. but its getting absurd now. the zebras always look the other way when it comes to us. thanks schonefeld

True, but if the refs are watching us like hawks for whatever reason, we can’t be giving them any easy ones on top of the bad calls.

We are near the top in penalty minutes right now.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
We push the play enough at evens that it takes some pressure off the D and our goaltending has been good enough to clean most of the mistakes up.

It all tumbles down on the PK. We don’t really have the horses to defend in these situations, especially at the rate we are being forced to kill. Zajac and Boyle will help a lot here, but the best fix is to cut down on the penalities.

and what if boyle never plays another shift? prout is our muscle?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I didn't think Prout was that bad? But then again I have no problem with players taking penalties being aggressive and I would never consider a penalty sticking up for a teammate a dumb one.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What on earth are you basing that on?

Honestly, I've got nothing that I can possibly think of to back up the bolded statement. Not even, "Prout has better oral hygiene".
Mueller just hasn't looked very good. I don't think Prout is better than him or will be better. Just that if he'd put Prout in for somebody, I'm glad it was Mueller and not Santini or Severson.

Mueller has been a disappointment, but I think he's better than what we've seen so far.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If Prout could cut down on the dumb ass penalties (though I think that’s a feature not a bug), he’d be a way better option than Lovejoy imo. He does almost everything better than that guy. Ideally neither are in the lineup and Mueller starts to play well.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't think Prout was that bad? But then again I have no problem with players taking penalties being aggressive and I would never consider a penalty sticking up for a teammate a dumb one.
His first penalty was a stupid call by the official. I didn't agree with that one. He looked like he was penalized for hugging the guy.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Definitely. Our defense still gives me heart attacks at evens but overall we haven't been as bad as I expected in that regard, it is the PK that's just been a nightmare. Our PK set-up is atrocious, we essentially have a triangle and then have one rover covering the point and half-walls, it's somewhat ridiculous. Bratt is so good at it because of how relentless he is as that high guy but not everyone plays that aggressive and it hurts us bigly.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Mueller just hasn't looked very good. I don't think Prout is better than him or will be better. Just that if he'd put Prout in for somebody, I'm glad it was Mueller and not Santini or Severson.

Mueller has been a disappointment, but I think he's better than what we've seen so far.

Mueller really hasn’t been that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad