Prospect Info: 41OA: Trey Augustine

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Reliability is an important part of the game. That's why St. Louis gave up on Fabbri for peanuts and why most DRW fans are okay using him as trade bait to upgrade another position.

you should go ask Dallas if they'd like to trade that sub 250 game bum Jason Robertson for Rasmussen

let us know what they say if you manage to get a response somehow

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Butter soft.

That is a dirty hit. Ugly.

Also, "soft" isn't the word I'd use to describe Raz, the main issue is that he can't stay on his feet as the video shows. His skating improved significantly last season, but regressed when he injured his knee. He needs to spend another summer working on skating, edging, and leveraging. I was hoping he was beyond that point and could work on his stick skills last summer, but obviously that didn't happen.

I actually like his intensity, it's just that he doesn't have the skate skills to do anything with it, dirty hits aside.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
He also wasn't top 10. You can be mad KH didn't select him with the 2nd pick.

mostly just showing how silly the 250 games thing is

protip: Rasmussen has actually played 278 games, if you expand it from 250 to 275 you can pretend that Cale Makar and Drake Batherson don't exist too!

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Butter soft.

That is Rasmussen awkwardly trying to through a hit and getting lucky he didn't hurt himself as badly as Weegar (who is, himself, responsible for his own injury by not protecting himself and turning into the boards like an idiot).

Rasmussen can occasionally catch an opponent for a good hit, but generally he's not fast enough on the play to make significant contact when it matters. Nor, as others have mentioned, does he have good enough balance and skating ability to hang onto the puck consistently when he has possession.

Let's put it this way, he is a better player than the 4th liners of the dark years (Drew Miller, Riley Sheahan, Chistofer Ehn, Adam Erne) but he's significantly worse than the 4th liners of the heydays (Draper, Maltby) and should be easily replaceable in the coming year or so.

Back to the thread topic, Sparty On, amiright?!?!

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal

Also, "soft" isn't the word I'd use to describe Raz, the main issue is that he can't stay on his feet as the video shows. His skating improved significantly last season, but regressed when he injured his knee. He needs to spend another summer working on skating, edging, and leveraging. I was hoping he was beyond that point and could work on his stick skills last summer, but obviously that didn't happen.

I actually like his intensity, it's just that he doesn't have the skate skills to do anything with it, dirty hits aside.
I truly believe this is the type of player that will continue to develop way into his late 20s. He has a very awkward build that isn’t of the stereotypical hockey player mould.

I can see him finally hitting stride by 26-28 and actually skating around the rink with balance and authority.

I think as long as there is constant improvement we have nothing to worry about. Slow and steady wins the race……

I actually like his intensity, it's just that he doesn't have the skate skills to do anything with it, dirty hits aside

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
His technical game is what impresses me even more. He's so polished and positionally sound, looks like a pro already in that regard. Also, he looks mad confident. But I take that last part with a grain of salt. I thought the same about Mrazek's confidence in his WJC performance, and that trait didn't play out so well lol.
mrazek was built different though. He wanted to be like hasek with the flash and everything and he had the ability imo, it just didn't materialize the right way.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I think as long as there is constant improvement we have nothing to worry about. Slow and steady wins the race……

It does?

Screenshot 2024-01-10 133617.png

• Haha
Reactions: Konnan511

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
That is Rasmussen awkwardly trying to through a hit and getting lucky he didn't hurt himself as badly as Weegar (who is, himself, responsible for his own injury by not protecting himself and turning into the boards like an idiot).

Rasmussen can occasionally catch an opponent for a good hit, but generally he's not fast enough on the play to make significant contact when it matters. Nor, as others have mentioned, does he have good enough balance and skating ability to hang onto the puck consistently when he has possession.

Let's put it this way, he is a better player than the 4th liners of the dark years (Drew Miller, Riley Sheahan, Chistofer Ehn, Adam Erne) but he's significantly worse than the 4th liners of the heydays (Draper, Maltby) and should be easily replaceable in the coming year or so.

Back to the thread topic, Sparty On, amiright?!?!

More like the "soft as butter" guy is playing too mean. If you are expecting Probert, then sure Rasmussen is "soft as butter".

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
lol that the best clips of Rasmussen are of a better player bouncing a puck of him and him falling down on a routine play and injuring another player in the process.

That about sums him up. A big body that can't do anything.

Reactions: sepster

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
mostly just showing how silly the 250 games thing is

protip: Rasmussen has actually played 278 games, if you expand it from 250 to 275 you can pretend that Cale Makar and Drake Batherson don't exist too!

Only 13 players selected in the 1st round of the 2017 draft has played 250 or more games. 18 of the 31 selected have not. Rasmussen was selected 9th overall and is exactly where he should be and is proving to be a great use of our 9th overall choice.

"Soft as butter" and "cannot play the final minute" comments can go away because we all know those comments are pure utter bullshit and delusional.

Y'all can hate the guy, but at least be honest instead of fabricating false narratives. It's pathetic.

Reactions: 13to40

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
mrazek was built different though. He wanted to be like hasek with the flash and everything and he had the ability imo, it just didn't materialize the right way.
Sure. Point is I don’t put quite as much stock in goalie confidence as I once did. They can be confident but can also be headcases that undermine that confidence. Like with Mrazek. Hopefully Augustine is not a headcase.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
And the Copp thread is for prospects. Maybe Augustine can be discussed there.
Augustine can currently be found in the Dick Axelsson thread. And Dick Axelsson can be found in the “famous hat tricks” thread.

As for Rasmussen, I don’t hate the guy, but he was a bad pick, and no amount of arbitrary “games played” cutoffs will change that.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
As for Rasmussen, I don’t hate the guy, but he was a bad pick, and no amount of arbitrary “games played” cutoffs will change that.
B-b-but Rasmussen fell down and hurt a guy once!
You know, as opposed to the dozens of times he's fallen down and only hurt his dignity.

Reactions: jaster

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
found this in the 'worst goalie debuts ever' thread on the mains

I found this thread. Started in 2015.
i think Jesper Wallstedt belongs here

Not to beat cliche but.
Had a horrible NHL debut.

.794 sv%
7.00 gaa

6 of his 7 goals against were clearly savable / easy goals

Only way for him is upwards and improve. Good luck!.
maybe yzerman made the right call after all.. glad we can finally put this debate to bed!

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
And the Copp thread is for Compher. You can't just come here and expect to go into a players thread and get the player you want, that is silly!
lol what loser thinks this? as i said before, the copp thread is for cleaveland.

odd indeed there bob

Don't get me started on the kasper and ASP threads. Those are just anarchy at this point and anyone who says different are the perpetrators

Reactions: Oddbob

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Augustine can currently be found in the Dick Axelsson thread. And Dick Axelsson can be found in the “famous hat tricks” thread.

Noted

I like reading posts like this so I know who's opinions and hockey insight to disregard on the internet.

There's a few who I regarded as knowledgeable, but most are not. As proven by your foolish comment. An example Zadina was a bad pick. Rasmussen is exactly where he should be. Neither a steal nor a bad pick.

You can lie or you can be delusional. Either way, It's good to know who is who on here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad