GDT: #41 - 01/09/16 | washington capitals @ NEW YORK RANGERS | 1:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
We knew that for sure. Many coaches in this league don't.

It seems to be generational. It will change.

There has to be a mix. The old school way of the eye test (I put player X against a teams top line and they are shut down for the game) mixed with advanced stats.

It's almost like the "what" and the "how". Player X shut down (or didn't shut down) the opposition and the advanced stats show how they did it .

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
There we go, go back a page and see the similarity between AV and Lou Costello lol. But to stay on topic, usually they play up to the Caps, I mean they were up what 3-1 before **** hit the fan? Stay out of the box, and forecheck their injured defense.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
The Rangers utilize advanced statistics, but the coaching staff knows that advanced statistics only tell a part of the story.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
There has to be a mix. The old school way of the eye test (I put player X against a teams top line and they are shut down for the game) mixed with advanced stats.

It's almost like the "what" and the "how". Player X shut down (or didn't shut down) the opposition and the advanced stats show how they did it .

Exactly.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Seth Rothman ‏@RothmanHockey
AV on McIlrath: "At this time, I think [Klein] and [Girardi] are better defensive defensemen than he is, and overall defensemen than he is."

Funny ass ****. AV should do stand-up.
"What's the deal with chewing gum?"

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: #NYR: Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello Nash-Stepan-Megna Lindberg-Hayes-Fast Glass-Moore-Stalberg; McDonagh-Girardi Staal-Boyle Yandle-Klein”

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
We know that the Rangers analytic department focuses on scoring chances and quality. Even so, McIlrath has allowed virtually nothing from the high slot or around Hank when he's on the ice. So not only is he not allowing scoring chances in the defensive zone, he's made some nice carries up the ice, breakout passes, and has shown some good instincts in the offensive zone. On top of that, he's got an absolutel howitzer of a shot. I really don't know what else he needs to do to get ice time.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Would like to see McIlrath in this game. Caps are a much more physical team and are going to use it. We can beat these guys--they have a bunch of guys out. Got to go after them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad